U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What do you think of Monica Conyers?
She is trash and an embarrassment to the city of Detroit. 39 82.98%
I will NEVER vote for her again. 0 0%
I hate her almost as much as I hate Kwame Kilpatrick 4 8.51%
She's okay 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
 
522 posts, read 1,188,436 times
Reputation: 149

Advertisements

What do you think of ghetto speaking, barfighting, City Council Woman Monica Conyers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
 
Location: At my computador
2,057 posts, read 3,138,976 times
Reputation: 510
Is it possible to select three of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2008, 07:40 PM
 
999 posts, read 4,194,693 times
Reputation: 424
If Monica is John's "Trophy Wife", you really gotta wonder what place the guy came in.....

I love the City Council Follies. I actually feel sorry for a guy like Cockrel. You can just see the frustration that he feels as he tries to restrain himself from being baited into physical violence by the likes of Monica. I miss the simpler times with Kay Everett and her Boblo hats.

I love it. When my DVD isn't working and I can't watch my Benny Hill DVD's, I like to watch my old VHS tapes of Larry Moe and Curly here. Babs Rose is wearing a tiara and Monica stole Martha's "Diva" mug. You guys who pitch Detroit for all the cheap historic buildings ought to point out that you can't get Detroit City Council meetings on cable in the suburbs.......That was always the best part about living in Detroit for me after so many of the good bakeries shut down...

On a hot summer night, I'd get a bowl of popcorn and I'd put on my Commodore hat with the gold trim and be Kay and my girlfriend would put on her tiara and tutu and be Barb and we'd have a grand old time watching council meetings for the price of some microwave popcorn and a few Strohs and my old B&W Monarch TV.

I voted "She's OK" because I think she and Detroit deserve each other. YOU GO MONICA!

Last edited by and the; 04-16-2008 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2008, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Garden City, MI
695 posts, read 3,159,544 times
Reputation: 152
Don't forget about the likes of Sharon McPhail and Kay Everett getting in their tiffs along with good ol' Maryann Mahaffey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
 
999 posts, read 4,194,693 times
Reputation: 424
My favorite was when McPhail accused someone....was it Kwame? Kay? Gill Hill? Of wiring her chair so it would electrocute her......That was precious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
 
522 posts, read 1,188,436 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Is it possible to select three of them?

Next time I will add: "a, b, and c" Ha ha!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 PM
 
522 posts, read 1,188,436 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
If Monica is John's "Trophy Wife", you really gotta wonder what place the guy came in.....

I love the City Council Follies. I actually feel sorry for a guy like Cockrel. You can just see the frustration that he feels as he tries to restrain himself from being baited into physical violence by the likes of Monica. I miss the simpler times with Kay Everett and her Boblo hats.

I love it. When my DVD isn't working and I can't watch my Benny Hill DVD's, I like to watch my old VHS tapes of Larry Moe and Curly here. Babs Rose is wearing a tiara and Monica stole Martha's "Diva" mug. You guys who pitch Detroit for all the cheap historic buildings ought to point out that you can't get Detroit City Council meetings on cable in the suburbs.......That was always the best part about living in Detroit for me after so many of the good bakeries shut down...

On a hot summer night, I'd get a bowl of popcorn and I'd put on my Commodore hat with the gold trim and be Kay and my girlfriend would put on her tiara and tutu and be Barb and we'd have a grand old time watching council meetings for the price of some microwave popcorn and a few Strohs and my old B&W Monarch TV.

I voted "She's OK" because I think she and Detroit deserve each other. YOU GO MONICA!
I'm printing out that photo and framing it!!

Is that a t-shirt under a blazer on Conyers? Good Lord!

Nice tiara! It's ghetto fabulous!!

"Tell 'em you're from Deeeetroit!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
 
522 posts, read 1,188,436 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellave View Post
Don't forget about the likes of Sharon McPhail and Kay Everett getting in their tiffs along with good ol' Maryann Mahaffey.

Still waiting for the movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
 
522 posts, read 1,188,436 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
My favorite was when McPhail accused someone....was it Kwame? Kay? Gill Hill? Of wiring her chair so it would electrocute her......That was precious.
It was our beloved (cough cough) Kwame KILLpatrick. But now they're buddies!! I wonder if they...text...each other too? (Shudder)


I've never, never, never seen a city council like Detroit's. Never.


Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Lower Michigan
3,086 posts, read 989,588 times
Reputation: 5289
Hey FireKwame, thats a Obama T- shirt she's wearing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top