U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:07 PM

53 posts, read 307,505 times

Advertisements

I use to deliver pizza in the San Bernardino Ca when it was the murder capital of US back in 1997. It was scary and I was rob at gun point multiple times; however I was never hurt. I when to school in Detroit and always dreaded when I had to get gas with in city limits because of the random violence. People are ruthless in Detroit, they will kill you for 5$. No respect for life. I would enter Detroit by freeway and leave by freeway to avoid stopping at a red light in the city. Detroit is the worst place I have been. I don’t care what area of the city you talk about it all bad. I when to see the 4th of July fireworks with my family and realize that I was in a bad spot and need to be very careful when leaving. It is just not a place you want to explore.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 07:10 PM

21,093 posts, read 24,815,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaxil View Post
I use to deliver pizza in the San Bernardino Ca when it was the murder capital of US back in 1997. It was scary and I was rob at gun point multiple times; however I was never hurt. I when to school in Detroit and always dreaded when I had to get gas with in city limits because of the random violence. People are ruthless in Detroit, they will kill you for 5$. No respect for life. I would enter Detroit by freeway and leave by freeway to avoid stopping at a red light in the city. Detroit is the worst place I have been. I don’t care what area of the city you talk about it all bad. I when to see the 4th of July fireworks with my family and realize that I was in a bad spot and need to be very careful when leaving. It is just not a place you want to explore.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

yeah, what he said...red lights are traps waiting for potential violence..

Old 04-15-2009, 07:12 AM

26 posts, read 126,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
C'mon be for real. 1.5 million mostly white Americans would go anywhere for their mostly all white sport-hockey. That is not even a good argument.

Sorry, but I didn't even read the rest, I stopped there.
Man, sports fans are sports fans lots a whites like bastketball and lotsa blacks like hockey CUZ IT'S SPORTS. Lots of people both black and white were there having a good time. Also the reason hockey is "mostly all white" is because most of the best players come from Europe and Canada. Now, you're right in the US not many of us brothers play ice hockey but I love to play deck hockey or shoot around in a tennis court or somethin' and I love watchin' the Wings, such a deep team!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:18 AM

831 posts, read 2,074,055 times
you people are so freakin scary it's not even funny. Turn the damn news off, and stop terrrifying YOURSELF.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:28 AM

278 posts, read 916,453 times
Inner city Detroit- YES

the burbs- No

Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,766,678 times
I don’t know how the people say the burbs are safe. A lot of residents are getting shot, stabbed, robbed, car jacked in the burbs. Just a couple days ago some young ladies body was found in a ditch by a child walking her dog out in the country.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 AM

266 posts, read 771,947 times
I live way out in the country: dirt roads, farmers, everybody knows each other...two yrs ago someone murdered our 86-yr-old neighbor and dumped her body in a ditch. Crimes can happen anywhere. Some of my neighbors are STILL freaked out about it and focus on how scary our tiny town has become...frankly, whatever is going to happen is going to happen. We have burglars out here too, and as the economy gets worse I'm sure we'll have more. You do your best to be safe, and then let it go. A life filled with constant worry is not worth living.

When visiting Detroit, it's pretty easy to tell which streets you don't want to be walking down alone after dark. You just have to be aware of your surroundings and don't be stupid. There are many relatively safe and extremely fun areas! We went down to a Tigers game on Easter Sunday and were having so much fun that we decided to just stay over. Beers at the Towne Pump, Hockeytown Cafe, "exotic" appetizers at Fishbone's and pizza at Niki's, followed by passing out at the RenCen Marriott (which is cheaper than you might think). We even left our car overnight at the same Park St. lot we used for the game and it was perfectly safe too.

Just can't let fear rule your life! You might miss out on a lot of fun!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 PM

937 posts, read 2,622,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
I don’t know how the people say the burbs are safe. A lot of residents are getting shot, stabbed, robbed, car jacked in the burbs. Just a couple days ago some young ladies body was found in a ditch by a child walking her dog out in the country.
Well when Detroiters come into the suburbs to commit their crimes, what can you expect?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:14 PM

282 posts, read 747,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Well when Detroiters come into the suburbs to commit their crimes, what can you expect?
I can't wait for mass transit. Even more and faster.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:28 PM

937 posts, read 2,622,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine3 View Post
I can't wait for mass transit. Even more and faster.
Its sad. Cut off the SMART Bus, aka criminal shuttle, and alot of that garbage will cease to exist. Easier for the cops to weed out the suspended drivers, warrants, etc when they drive personal vehicles.

Not only that, but all the of Detroit kids who come into the suburbs and screw up the school districts. Bringing in the guns, drugs, and crime with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or