U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 01:52 AM

4 posts, read 9,701 times

Advertisements

Poster and Marvin...really appreciate both your replies.

My story. I was a single dad for 15-years and was married for 10 before that. My ex was beautiful (seriously) and at the time I thought it was the end of the world when we split up. She now looks like her mother (this is not a good thing) and has been married three times since me. Recently she hinted that we should try to "talk". I explained to her what a seriously flawed idea that was.

I have had a lot of fun over the years, have the total respect of my son for being a great dad, and don't have to give anyone 75% of my $ at 62. It's a great day!

It seems like some female posts make it out like they are always "settling". In reality we settle (and for only one reason in my case). I personally believe most men age much better than women. And as we get older we become more financially secure. Both a huge plus. To date I have been unable to find a women who makes more than me...so until that happens I am stayig single.

My best years are still ahead...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 01:36 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,172,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rono1968 View Post
Hi - I am moving to Detroit soon (teaching at WSU), and so I asked a couple of folks there what should a single guy do. They pretty much suggested the same thing as folks suggest - join places where guys are in the minority - yoga classes, cooking classes, upscale gyms etc. I have always met lovely folks at these places. So maybe one approach is to try places that are like the above, except with the sex-ratio flipped...

Good luck
my advice is to get a social circle first. not even worry about women specifically but just build up your scene. i dunno how young you are, but if you're in your 20s i'd definitely suggest renting a house with people you could buddy with. It might help to make sure they have a lot of female friends when you build your social scene you could move to a place that better suites you. Moving in a house with girls would be optimal (even if you wouldn't or couldn't date any of them they will have friends) but if you wanna be a dog about it and can't find a female house willing to rent out to a guy, go for a gay house (they have LOTs of female friends and often party). Looking back, just about all your women come from your immediate social circle or secondary (friends of friends).

Join things that you're interested IN Don't just do yoga to meet chicks when you're not even interested in yoga. That becomes very transparent. Another one is ballroom dancing. Most guys could give 2 ****s about ballroom dancing unless their wife/gf drags them to it or they wanna meet girls. Again, bad idea if not really interested. try to build everything naturally

you'll meet girls at work. colleagues and especially students

you have those dating websites like plentyoffish, cl, match.com, eharmony etc

there are natural networking places like church, work place mixers, community events, etc

last is going to the bar or club. this is never a good place to meet women unless a single hookup is what you want. in fact, you'll never meet a good girl worth your time shaking her ass in tight black dresses for ANY guy man enough to grab it and ride it. but if you're feeling horny there's that option. elektricity in pontiac does specials on saturdays where the girl to guy ratio is favorable at the beginning of the night. usually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or