U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:35 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,519,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davante View Post
Listen!!! Ra-ci-sm is per-man-ent!!! Not only is it in detroit, but it's the whole country. But no matter what, we will always be one from detroit, chicago, new york city, los angeles, and all over the other places of u.s of a!
You are correct. In many cities, racism by minorities against whites is no laughing matter, including all the cities you mentioned. And the interracial crime statistics prove it.
I personally know many whites who have beern assaulted for no other reason than race. Yet I have never known a single (not one) minority who has ever been assaulted by a white for their skin color. And I've lived alot more places than most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 11:59 AM

60,434 posts, read 85,521,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
You are correct. In many cities, racism by minorities against whites is no laughing matter, including all the cities you mentioned. And the interracial crime statistics prove it.
I personally know many whites who have beern assaulted for no other reason than race. Yet I have never known a single (not one) minority who has ever been assaulted by a white for their skin color. And I've lived alot more places than most.
Interesting and the hate crimes stats show a different story. What the interracial stats just show that the minority criminals don't care as it isn't a cut and dry thing about hate crimes like people would have you think. I just went through a hate crimes training at my place of employment and the thing you have to think about are: Would such crinmes occur if both people were of the same race and even if slurs are involved, you have to base things off of the root of the crime. So, if neighbors of a different race have a conflict over say a tree in the other's property, and then slurs are exchanged and one of the guys punches the neighbor, that would not be considered a hate crime.

Also, you have to think about who is committing these crimes, in terms of gangs or individuals, which is the case for the overwhelming majority of such cases.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:15 PM

999 posts, read 4,195,403 times
Quote:
Interesting and the hate crimes stats show a different story.

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/detro...#ixzz0dZud8PBl
Who puts the heat on to count black on white crimes as hate crimes when appropriate? The ACLU? Southern Poverty Law Center? NAACP? Black Panthers? Detroit City Council? (Anyone remember Joanne Was at the Freedom Festival Fireworks?) Who?

Old 01-24-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
Who puts the heat on to count black on white crimes as hate crimes when appropriate? The ACLU? Southern Poverty Law Center? NAACP? Black Panthers? Detroit City Council? (Anyone remember Joanne Was at the Freedom Festival Fireworks?) Who?
It's not about who puts the "heat" on anyone. There is a certain criteria that has to be met and it goes in various ways. Table 1 - Hate Crime Statistics 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/data/table_01.html - broken link)

Incidents and Offenses - Hate Crime Statistics, 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/incidents.html - broken link)

Again, every interracial crime isn't considered a "hate crime" even those that include Blacks and other minorities as victims.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:54 AM

282 posts, read 1,083,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It's not about who puts the "heat" on anyone. There is a certain criteria that has to be met and it goes in various ways. Table 1 - Hate Crime Statistics 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/data/table_01.html - broken link)

Incidents and Offenses - Hate Crime Statistics, 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/incidents.html - broken link)

Again, every interracial crime isn't considered a "hate crime" even those that include Blacks and other minorities as victims.
Yes it is on who puts the heat on anyone. LEARN
The minorities put the "heat" on the majority. The minority didn't want to put effort into thier own country, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.It's easier to come here and complain about us. I KNOW. They do nothing but whine. They have an excuse for breakiing the law, OF THIS COUNTRY. Why are they here? They know they can get away with it here. They'd be locked up if doing that in thier own country . They ignore that fact. Foriegners made this country GREAT, now you're tearing it down..............Why?

Old 01-29-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakian View Post
The minorities put the "heat" on the majority. The minority didn't want to put effort into thier own country, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.It's easier to come here and complain about us. I KNOW. They do nothing but whine. They have an excuse for breakiing the law, OF THIS COUNTRY. Why are they here? They know they can get away with it here. They'd be locked up if doing that in thier own country . They ignore that fact. Foriegners made this country GREAT, now you're tearing it down..............Why?
Huh?

Anyway, the "hate crime" information is what it is. I'm just passing on the information. Every interracial crime is not based necessarily on race, as many of the people that commit those crimes most likely would do it to someone of the same race and/or have a basis in something else like drugs, for example.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:44 AM

51,890 posts, read 47,713,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakian View Post
I don't understand what you just said. The majority of hate crimes are committed against Blacks, as the stats will state on the FBI sited.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 AM

2,372 posts, read 4,552,510 times
The majority of hate crimes are called hate crimes because when a black man attacks a white man in the rest of the country, they call that normal.

However, the blacks in Detroit are some of the friendliest you'll ever meet, as long as you don't act like a complete self-righteous tool. From my experience the African American diaspora on the eastern seaboard are much more threatening, however, I am not a racist. I myself am a bit brown in the skin and know there are also criminal whites and Hispanics, and that a lot of crime isn't fueled by race but class etc etc

Old 01-30-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
The majority of hate crimes are called hate crimes because when a black man attacks a white man in the rest of the country, they call that normal.

However, the blacks in Detroit are some of the friendliest you'll ever meet, as long as you don't act like a complete self-righteous tool. From my experience the African American diaspora on the eastern seaboard are much more threatening, however, I am not a racist. I myself am a bit brown in the skin and know there are also criminal whites and Hispanics, and that a lot of crime isn't fueled by race but class etc etc
Where specifically and how?

Old 01-30-2010, 02:01 PM

2,372 posts, read 4,552,510 times
People of color in the Carolinas, DC, Boston and New York generally are much less friendly and seem to live up to the stereotype more often. Just from my experiences, I may have just met a bad bunch in my experiences in those places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or