U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,717 times

Advertisements

Franka...

Some of your thread seems to suggest that you think that Detroiters are voting for this man primarily as a form of racial protest. While that may possibly be the case with a small fraction of citizens, I disagree that this is a widely felt sentiment. People want safe, well-governed communities to raise the families in and be a part of, regardless of race. I agree with Usroute10, I think there is a lot of election tampering going on. For years, I and family members did all we could to unseat the incumbents and it's more than a notion in the D. I have grown weary of all of the blatant corruption, and let's face it, out and out incompetence that is practiced in the name of government. I want to know why there are not more policies that support "accountability"? How is that the city council and the mayor can spend thousands of dollars on legal proceedings without having to answer for moving such large sums of cash? Why aren't all city departments and contracted vendors audited on an annual basis by an unbiased outside party? Why do we have so many city council members in the first place? Each with his or her own (very plush) operating budget. The political culture here just seems to support excess and abuse. Finally, I hope Dave Bing does run for office. It's a shameful truth, but I think a lot of talented, aspiring public servants steer clear of seeking election in Detroit, because anyone who seeks to do the job well will have to fight an uphill battle against a system entrenched with cronyism, corruption and the like.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 AM

262 posts, read 729,626 times
Lady Lynn, I agree with you, it does sound like race is playing a major roll with what is going on in Detroit. I have been told by black folks that live in the city "That I should worry about my own city!" And yes I do know other black folks that would take Kwame out on Bele Island and hang him. It seems everyone is upset but don't know how to fix it. I have posted and they get removed here and many other sites what needs to be done is a major house cleaning of these old time career people like the Kilpatricks, Conyers, things can't change if you have all the same 'ole same'ole crowd running things. The other thing in this Country Election Day should be a Federal Holiday, I mean we have all these other Holidays, why not have one of the MOST IMPORTANT Days of the year a Election is held, But you know what would happen is some knob would want all city and State Elections to be Holidays. and to that I would say, fine all Elections will fall on November's second Tuesday every four years. Instead we the FREE WORLD, have the most screwed up Election Days. This is why People don't get involved in the process.
I will be surprized if they let this post, when I start talking about Our Goverment and the Elected Officecials Yac comes along and wipes it out.
We will see.
But you are right Race is playing a big roll in the city of Detroit how to fix it is going to be a crapshoot. There has to be a group that can come to power and make the changes for the better, not the same S*& just a different day.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:22 AM

578 posts, read 2,372,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankawitz View Post
Well I guess the Mayor figured he was above the Law when he put his hands on that Wayne County Sheriff. I guess he didn't really want to be Mayor. He thinks he's a gangstur and I guess he's gonna have a Felony Charge, Boy with his father haveing the FBI all over him and now this I believe Kwame is Falling apart
Frankwitz, ever notice that when he doesn't think the media or cameras are paying attention how HIS TRUE nature comes out. The street-punk, hood-rat that he truly is?

Pay attention next time to his cadence & speech patterns; instead of "with", he ALWAYS says "wif"... with the? is always pronounced "wif da"....always! that shows he is ignorant, and that is truly just inside of him. Its got nothing to do with ebonics, or that bullcrap, he is an idiot street bum! Big dumb, monkey (look at those ears) that itty bitty head, big bruiser body. He should have stayed on the gridiron. And given up the corporate suits and conference rooms. It just 'aint his thang".

Old 08-14-2008, 11:42 AM

421 posts, read 627,400 times
You people think he actually has a brain. He doesn't. His frontal lobes are probably stroked out from smoking crack, or maybe he was just born retarded. People like him don't think, they just act.

He was elected because he's the biggest, blackest guy out there, who can tear apart limb from limb any other voter in Detroit. It's more tribal than democratic.

That and he was elected on the back of a media wave hype. Detroit papers and news stations will pretend today that they had nothing to do with it, but fact is they all loved him a couple of years ago and gave him glowing reviews. They cast him as the 6'4" Street CEO, who could talk the crack dealer into going to college and the foreign automaker into building a union plant on Woodward. All media hype, all lies manufactured to sell papers.

Hey, this remind you of another black guy seeking political office today?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,682,727 times
michigan is ran by crooks. democrats need to leave office for 10 years min.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,300,558 times
HeleenieWeenie and Paddington,
Those were some very ignorant statements. Since you will not lift one finger to assist in in the turn-around of the city of Detroit, why keep talking about it? Just live your life in your precious suburb and Burkina Faso.

Critizing a man for how he pronounces the word "with"?? There are a lot of worse things you could condemn him for - like firing 2 police officers, thus violating the state's whisteblower Act. But talking about how he sounds out a word is just kind of too...

brokerdave, was not Governor John Engler a fiend? Under his tenure, the sales tax was raised from 4 to 6%. He closed down many mental hospitals. He ended residency laws in the only city that had them - Detroit.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:00 AM

Hey Burkina Faso is where it's at. Our President is a real man who rose to power by spearing his opponent and then eating him. I was invited to that barbeque, but I didn't have a chance to go. Also, we have world's greatest Potassium. And the weather is better than Detroit.

Alas, my job next year is taking me to the Motor City and I likely will be living downtown. You're right. I really don't give a damn about "doing something" for a city. But they probably will collect a significant chunk of my livelihood in taxes, so that's probably "doing" enough.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
brokerdave, was not Governor John Engler a fiend? Under his tenure, the sales tax was raised from 4 to 6%. He closed down many mental hospitals. He ended residency laws in the only city that had them - Detroit.
Didn't Michigan actually grow under Engler after several decades of losses? Yeah, things were pretty good back in those days, unless you consider low unemployment and strong job growth bad things. Also, sales taxes might have gone up, but Michigan still had some of the lowest income taxes in the country.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:01 AM

70 posts, read 271,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
Yeah, that message to white people would be" See? we ARE the stereotypical jungle b*nnies and coons". He is King of the Goons.
See you are the stereotypical Ku Klux Klan, Honky, Casper, Neandertal -Caveman/woman.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 AM

7 posts, read 18,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankawitz View Post
Now that more dirt is coming out about the Lieing Mayor and all his flings, are the Detroit public still backing this *****? If this don't say allot about how Detroit is being run by all these CON ARTISTS. I think most of the people who voted for this Knob have got to be brain dead. But I'll bet they vote him back in just to send a message to white people.
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is!! The majority of white folks voted George W. Bush in for a second term even though they were aware of his lies and deceptions. So one could ask you the same question Frankawitz, did you vote Bush back in to send a message to black folks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or