Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2007, 01:26 PM

10 posts, read 39,744 times

Advertisements

Because I've already made the decision in my mind to leave the Detroit area. It's going to probably be a year or 2 before I'm sitting in my new house(or Condo) in a warmer, less crime ridden, more economically advanced and better looking people environment. Mainly because I have to figure out how I'm not going to take a total freakin loss on my current house.

I could spend a lot of energy bitching about why this city and region is a mess but I'm not. I'm just leaving and going to a better place.

After thinking about it for a while my mind is set and I have that warm feeling knowing it's going to happen. I recommend this to anyone who is frustrated with this whole SE MI area.

You see, I've lived in and around Detroit for over 30 years(yes even in the city neighborhoods AND downtown). 30+ years too long IMHO considering we only have one life(unless you believe in reincarnation). And I've definitely done my fair share of pumping money into this city to help it out and not just taking from it(welfare). Sure I've got great memories(and bad ones) but I've been all over the country and every time I come home to Detroit I just get upset at what I'm missing. And anyone who's been to SF, D.C., Chicago, NY etc... knows what I'm talking about. Bustling cities with non-poor people(or at least they don't look it) who are concerned about how they look. It might sound superficial but I'm sick of not being able to tell who is homeless or who isn't in this damn city. Everyone is ugly. Sorry. But it's mainly due to people not taking a shower or shaving or WASHING YOUR DAMN CLOTHES. Sheesh have a little self respect. Nobody here cares about that kind of stuff. It's not an asthetic environment all around. With a minor exception to the upper west side areas. Bottom line is YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RICH TO NOT LOOK LIKE A HOMELESS SLOB.

Detroit City is a wreck. Too many poor uneducated lazy people. They drown out the small percentage that does care and does have self respect and has motivation to fix this city(or at least their own front lawn). If I were a Vampire and lived hundreds of years maybe I would stick around for this so called "Renaissance". But I'm not and I probably only have a good 20 or 30 years left of a good healthy life so I'm not wasting the rest of it here.

Not to mention the weather here is so DEPRESSING. "So you just got laid off, how about a 2 inch sheet of ice to top that off". Nice.

I'm out! ***** Detroit and it's dirty lazy unproductive VIOLENT CRIMINAL residents.

Of course I know it's not all the residents but it's enough to make it what it is.

One other thing people need to stop having kids when they can't afford them. Bottom line. Sorry if I sound so "angry" but I'm letting it all out here instead of replying to countless threads going nowhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 07:51 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,743,962 times
Go for it! I agree with a lot of what you said. Give some place else a chance. Some place not struggling like that area you are in.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM

7 posts, read 75,119 times
Smile Good Luck

I envy you...good luck with your new life

Old 04-18-2007, 12:24 PM

16 posts, read 80,960 times
Default Good Bye!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Go for it! I agree with a lot of what you said. Give some place else a chance. Some place not struggling like that area you are in.
That's it!

Old 04-24-2007, 01:44 PM

800 posts, read 4,297,041 times
I'm on my way out too

Old 04-26-2007, 07:28 AM

23 posts, read 176,681 times
^^^ Great, my house is currently up for sale and my wife is moving to Tampa-St. Pete's area in July. I'll stay here until our house is sold. We chose between NC or FL but somehow we really wanted a warmer, "much warmer" climate so Florida east coast wins it. I know I won't be missing Detroit, because it feels so dreary and gloomy here. With too much lay-offs, no "central" city, I envy my friends who live in Houston and San Diego area because they can go anywhere without wearing their damn coat.

So long bye Detroit and Michigan. I hope the state economy improves though. I felt sorry for our friends and family who we're leaving behind.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 11,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechDude View Post
It might sound superficial but I'm sick of not being able to tell who is homeless or who isn't in this damn city. Everyone is ugly. Sorry. But it's mainly due to people not taking a shower or shaving or WASHING YOUR DAMN CLOTHES. Sheesh have a little self respect. Nobody here cares about that kind of stuff. It's not an asthetic environment all around. With a minor exception to the upper west side areas. Bottom line is YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RICH TO NOT LOOK LIKE A HOMELESS SLOB.

Detroit City is a wreck. Too many poor uneducated lazy people. They drown out the small percentage that does care and does have self respect and has motivation to fix this city(or at least their own front lawn).
Amen to that. This area is certainly filled with a whole lot of slob's. Although I refuse to take it up, the most current ghetto fashion trend seems to be wearing your PJ's around town.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:35 AM

24 posts, read 25,248 times
Default see ya!

OKAY! These people are definitely ready to go! I don't hold it against them........Detroit in paticular has serious issues obviously. I've already done the "move south" thing, and I've chosen to come back to (northern) Michigan, but legions of others have found rejuvination in the south and the west, so best of luck to all who are leaving and I hope you find what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit