U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 PM

60,418 posts, read 85,486,501 times

Advertisements

Also, aren't there parts of Inkster that are zoned to Robichaud HS(Westwood Schools), the Wayne/Westland SD and even a small part in the Taylor SD? What would be considered to be the better parts of Inkster?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:18 PM

32 posts, read 129,946 times
i used to live in inkster. inkster rd. and avondale. behind those shops acrossed from colonial on corona street. it was bad back then but the ghetto was known as the area across the ave. michigan ave. if you go down inkster rd. pass the ave go down to annapolis you'll find demby terrace aka the projects. this area is known as little saigon. across from that is compton block. another project buildings is lemoyne gardens aka garden block. yeah inkster is hood. just go to google map and work your way down harrison st. the ghetto was known as south of michigan ave. north of annapolis in between middlebelt and south beech daly.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 11,889 times
I grew up in Inkster in the 80s and 90s. I am HAPPY I grew up there and not Detroit, Ecorse, River Rouge, Romulus, etc. I am a graduate of Inkster High School, Tennessee State University, and Washington University in St. Louis. Most of my friends who grew up with me all are WHITE-COLLARED PROFESSIONALS!! Even one of my classmates is a Princeton professor. Outsiders could NEVER understand the closeness of Inkster residents. Yes, Inkster did have crime issues, which were mostly centered in the a few areas. Outside of that, it was an okay city with working professionals, and blue-collared workers trying to raise their kids to accomplish more than themselves. Though I now lived out-of-state during the holiday season when I travel to Michigan, I do at times visit Inkster without being scared! The REAL problem people on this board have with Inkster is it is BLACK. Inkster does have homes with manicured lawns that are just as nice as homes in the surrounding cities. Please stop putting racist opinions over the web about Inkster. Please make statements that are not based on race and your prejudice opinions.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 AM

not racist ****. stay long enough n somn might happen. i know people you cop crack in demby terrace and a few people that got robbed there as well. romulus is safe compared to inktown now same with river rouge and ecorse. there was an ice cream truck robbed going thru that neighborhood. nobody mentioned race at all, you did. racist.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 AM

not saying inktown is Bad. it is a nice town n i'm proud being from inkster. it just needs help before it all goes downhill. theres alot of drugs going around in little saigon and i'm hoping it doesnt continue and spread all over the rest of the city. i was driving through there last year when i was home and some guy is like yo,yo,yo,yo, want some trees, i got that white girl on me dime rocks. that's not a way you wanna spend driving through a city you used to live in, reminicing then all of a sudden some guy bumrushes the window yelling that ****. it made everything change. my old neighbor got arrested for selling herself across the ave. i'm just hoping things get better. detroit relies on industry and right now in this recession industry isn't doing good at all. i fear for detroit and it's neighbors. makes me feel sick to my stomach ya know. it's sad. same goes for gary, indiana where i moved to from inkster, they've been suffering from the recession as well. they do to rely on industry.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 PM

21,093 posts, read 24,765,134 times
Inkster? what else can be said...

Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 AM

1 posts, read 11,181 times
Grew up in Stinkster left there 35 years ago came back to check out the neighborhood after all those years. HOW Depressing!!!!! In the 60's it was a pretty normal place to grow up in but like most places in Wayne Co. It suffered from White Flight. Who'se to blame well our wonderful human nature.
Lived in Orange Co. since the late 70's and have seen the same there but not quite as deteriorated. Even in CA you can't have paradise.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:04 AM

1 posts, read 11,181 times
I lived in inkster most of my life, only recently moved from there. horrible place. full of racial tension, regardless of if your white black or purple and regardless of what color your friends were. its sick to walk down the street and have 10 and 13 year old kids say things you wouldn't even hear in an R rated movie simply because you looked different than them. i recall the house across the street from me getting shot up in broad daylight, and i recall their son being jumped and forced to do crystal meth , needless to say they moved soon after. i cant count how many fights i was forced into that started for no reason what so ever but i can count on one hand how many times the cops actually helped with anything, not saying i have anything against cops. in closing i'd like to confirm that inkster is infact a horrible place to live, some areas are better than others yet walking at night anyplace is a terrible idea. and for sure walking across avendale is just not safe. but i cant say everyone there is all bad, i still have a few friends there that i visit on a regular basis but flat out, avoid inkster if your looking for a place to live a relaxed life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit