U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 PM

282 posts, read 1,082,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre71 View Post
Hey im new on this forum and would like to know are the What are the worst neighborhoods along east 7 mile by worst I mean crime, decay like burnt out houses or garbage on the streets I think state fair and 7 hoover you could name little streets I lived there 20 yrs ago and just wanna know.
Stay away from the east side all together.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:22 AM

5 posts, read 14,042 times
Seven mile and Chalmers is probably the roughest neighborhood in Detroit, in my opinion. It cracks me up when people talk about Urban Decay & Detroit, and they assume the worst neighborhoods are down in the city at Woodward by the university, or in that general area. In reality, the worst hoods are the closest to the 8 mile border.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,810 times
"Did this guy have a conversation with himself?"

lol thats what i thought lmao

Old 10-30-2010, 09:27 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,890,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakian View Post
Stay away from the east side all together.
lmao yea the whole eastside is terrible smh and every other side is so great. yea stay away from the villages, morningside, East English Village etc

Um lets see I agree that east 7mile and Vandyke is terrible. But whats crazy is just past Dequindre it is not. That is our biggest problem. How in one area its terrible and then a couple of lights down its totally different.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:30 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,890,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechEmergency View Post
Seven mile and Chalmers is probably the roughest neighborhood in Detroit, in my opinion. It cracks me up when people talk about Urban Decay & Detroit, and they assume the worst neighborhoods are down in the city at Woodward by the university, or in that general area. In reality, the worst hoods are the closest to the 8 mile border.
Actually not true. Much of the 8mile border is not bad

Old 10-30-2010, 10:10 PM

759 posts, read 1,715,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechEmergency View Post
This is definitely true. Some of the worst neighborhoods are near 8 Mile, especially on the East Side.

Seven Mile east of Gratiot is proibably the worst, IMO. It's the highest crime precient in the city.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:19 PM

1,903 posts, read 5,024,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Actually not true. Much of the 8mile border is not bad
I'll kind of agree. West 8 Mile, like by Evergreen and Livernois, doesn't look all that bad and has a pretty decent postwar housing stock. However, the abundance of adult entertainment doesn't do the neighborhoods wonders. I noticed this just the other day. Much of East 8 Mile on the Detroit side looks better than the Warren side, and further east, the first couple of blocks into Detroit are nearly identical to the Eastpointe side with the exception of there being a few more boarded up houses and bars on some windows. However, a few blocks south would be seen by many as hell on earth, and those decent blocks might not last long.

As for 7 Mile, West 7 over by Lahser has a couple of streets with mid-60s ranches straight out of Livonia or Sterling Heights (and I believe they don't sell for much less). Glastonbury is one of these streets, I think. I haven't been by there in a while. However, some of these streets (the one I'm thinking of has houses identical to Holden in the 14/Ryan area) are really beat up. East 7 Mile is almost universally raggedy except in the immediate vicinity of the old Holy Cross Hospital and immediately around the Catholic church on Rolyat; there's some nice 60s era houses in the former, but I don't know how the neighborhood is doing with the hospital being gone. The rest of East 7 Mile is basically hopeless.

Morningside isn't looking too good the last few years, either.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:38 AM

27,747 posts, read 65,558,358 times
The east side is where you drive through and hope that your car does not break down.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
The east side is where you drive through and hope that your car does not break down.
Ohh come on, some parts of the east side are not so bad.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:42 AM

Where? Maybe if you call Grosse Pointe the East Side. I dare you to walk through any part of the east side along 7 mile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit