U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 04:44 AM

27,761 posts, read 65,577,769 times

Advertisements

You do not know anything. Whai a numbnutz. I am not going to talk to you anymore. Go away. Get out of my head.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 AM

809 posts, read 1,737,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
That is our biggest problem. How in one area its terrible and then a couple of lights down its totally different.
Almost like a border of sorts, isnt it?

That's a number one sign of gang and drug activity working their turf.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:19 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,890,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
This is definitely true. Some of the worst neighborhoods are near 8 Mile, especially on the East Side.

Seven Mile east of Gratiot is proibably the worst, IMO. It's the highest crime precient in the city.
another thread where you're talking about something you nothing about smh

Old 10-31-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
I'll kind of agree. West 8 Mile, like by Evergreen and Livernois, doesn't look all that bad and has a pretty decent postwar housing stock. However, the abundance of adult entertainment doesn't do the neighborhoods wonders. the "adult entertainment" you speak of is probly one of the main reasons why that area is the way it is. Bakers is definitely one of Detroit's greatest assests. Been around for a very long time and is still standing. Also gets a lot of traffic from the burbs as well as the city. I noticed this just the other day. Much of East 8 Mile on the Detroit side looks better than the Warren side,most of east 8mile does definitely look better than the Warren side, with the exception of Concord, Helen, Cardoni and about 3 other streets right pass Cardoni and further east, the first couple of blocks into Detroit are nearly identical to the Eastpointe side true with the exception of there being a few more boarded up houses and bars on some windows. However, a few blocks south would be seen by many as hell on earth, and those decent blocks might not last long.

As for 7 Mile, West 7 over by Lahser has a couple of streets with mid-60s ranches straight out of Livonia or Sterling Heights (and I believe they don't sell for much less). Glastonbury is one of these streets, I think. I haven't been by there in a while. However, some of these streets (the one I'm thinking of has houses identical to Holden in the 14/Ryan area) are really beat up. East 7 Mile is almost universally raggedy except in the immediate vicinity of the old Holy Cross Hospital and immediately around the Catholic church on Rolyat; there's some nice 60s era houses in the former, but I don't know how the neighborhood is doing with the hospital being gone. The rest of East 7 Mile is basically hopeless. My ex lives over there at this very moment and its the same.

Morningside isn't looking too good the last few years, either. Just was in Morningside and East English Villlage earlier. I'm actually over there a lot since I have a friend who lives in Morningside and my brother lives in EEV. Besides a few homes which are borded up much of the neighborhood is fine.
/

Old 10-31-2010, 11:47 PM

while people on here keep insisting the Eastside is so bad I'll give you a few facts:

1. The most blighted side of town in the WHOLE city is NOT the eastside its actually northend. People who are not from Detroit will often confuse northend to be just "east" because most of the streets in northend are technically "east" but not the "eastside". The eastside still has plenty of "pockets" of nice neighborhoods just like any other part of the city.
2. The most dangerous neighborhoods are NOT on the eastside. Plenty of you insist that E 7mile is the worst in the whole city but the DEXTER-LINWOOD, the whole brightmoore area, and joy rd and many more non-eastside neighborhoods are WAY worst. Dexter and brightmoore were actually on the "worst neighborhoods" list where there were no eastside areas on. Personally I have felt safer in the King Homes (some bad projects) than I ever felt in brightmoore (a place I will never set foot in again!), Dexter (where I spent many summers and was always worst than my neighborhood, even in the 90s) or on joy rd. As far as "gang activity"......Detroit isn't a gang city. The ONLY area where there are actual "gangs" is actually southwest. The majority of the city is "crews" "neighborhoods" NOT gangs.

Plenty of DETROIT is rundown, not just one side of town. Much of the westside, northend and southwest look no different (and sometimes worst) than the rundown areas on the eastside.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM

759 posts, read 1,716,233 times
Detroitlove, 7 Mile-Hayes is VERY rough. Check that area out after dark. Anything around 7-Gratiot is very tough nowadays.

That's the busiest police preceient and fire preceint in the city.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
As far as "gang activity"......Detroit isn't a gang city. The ONLY area where there are actual "gangs" is actually southwest. The majority of the city is "crews" "neighborhoods" NOT gangs.
Is Clark Park in the area (southwest) you are referring to?

Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 PM

1,903 posts, read 5,025,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perferator View Post
Yes it is.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perferator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
Yes it is.
Plenty of gang activity there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit