U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 10:49 PM

271 posts, read 862,859 times

Advertisements

10 felonies...

Per The Associated Press: Charges continue piling up against Detroit mayor (broken link)

Brian White, a sheriff's detective and chief investigator in the case, said he was looking to serve a subpoena on Bobby Ferguson, a Kilpatrick ally, when he believed he had found his truck July 24. When he knocked at a house, White instead found Kilpatrick, rushing through the door, pushing the detective into partner JoAnne Kinney and yelling profanities and racist remarks.

The attorney general's office lists 11 witnesses in the case, including four members of the mayor's security detail.

"In my almost 20 years, first as a prosecutor and now as an attorney general ... I cannot recall ever seeing, let alone hearing, of a situation where a police officer trying to serve a subpoena was assaulted," Cox said.
Associated Press writer Jeff Karoub contributed to this report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 07:52 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,392,048 times
I was just reading about this article, and came here to see if anyone had commented on it yet. I'm curious, why is this man still allowed to be mayor? It seems like he's clearly not acting in the city's best interests, and quite honestly, this type of behavior shouldn't be promoted by the mayor! What do you guys think of him?

Old 08-09-2008, 08:15 AM

866 posts, read 3,879,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
I was just reading about this article, and came here to see if anyone had commented on it yet. I'm curious, why is this man still allowed to be mayor? It seems like he's clearly not acting in the city's best interests, and quite honestly, this type of behavior shouldn't be promoted by the mayor! What do you guys think of him?
Well yes, he still is allowed to be the mayor. The entire state is trying to push him out but he will not step down. I believe that he should have resigned along time ago (Jan.) when he was caught cheating on his wife, and when he stole $9 Million from the Detroit city taxpayers. I seriously don't know how anyone can stand living in Detroit city proper, and be governed by such a theif, liar, and adulturer.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterguy View Post
I seriously don't know how anyone can stand living in Detroit city proper, and be governed by such a theif, liar, and adulturer.

You forgot one...he is also accused of being racist, by a black female cope that was involved in the "shoving":

Kwame Kilpatrick, Detroit mayor, now faces assault charges - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-mayor9-2008aug09,0,3359789.story - broken link)

According to the complaint, Kilpatrick told Kinney, "You should be ashamed of yourself for being a black woman and working this case. How could you even ride in the same car with him, especially someone named White?"

Old 08-09-2008, 09:03 AM

This entire fiasco is giving female governors a bad rap, as our current female govenor doesn't have the "balls" to do the tough, yet corrective action...boot this bum and let the city vote in someone legitimate...who cares more about Detroit than protecting themeselves. If this guy cared about Detroit, he would step aside immediately...instead, he is going to take down the city, him mom who is in politics, and hurt the image of the entire state of Michigan...which could hardly get any worse at this point!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:15 PM

695 posts, read 3,161,909 times
Granholm is just as worthless a figure as he has been. Can't wait until they are both gone!

Old 08-10-2008, 09:30 AM

13,387 posts, read 17,193,997 times
Quote:
I totally agree, There's a bad enough influence going around already.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:16 AM

104 posts, read 342,451 times
You know, the one thing that I wanted to comment one was the other day we were watching the news and a member of the Detroit city council (a female, but I don't remember her name) had a sound bite where she said she didn't think it warrented him spending a night in jail because he "just went across the street, he DIDN'T GO OUT OF THE COUNTRY".

Seriously?

Erm, okay. Would someone please show me where Windsor, Ontario Cananda is on a map of the US??

Whatever.

Oh, and I find Kwame repugnant.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:32 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,142,618 times
Quote:
Freedom is the right to make good and bad decisions. The people of Detroit chose KK. What right does the rest of the state have to infringe upon their freedom to destroy themselves?

In fact, I suspect it may be better to let them continue. You wouldn't want to send the message that you'll (assuming you're outside of Detroit) clean up their messes when they make their mistakes, right? Let them enjoy the fruits of their labor... choosing on the basis of appearance rather than substance has consequences.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:45 PM

522 posts, read 1,189,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmom View Post
You know, the one thing that I wanted to comment one was the other day we were watching the news and a member of the Detroit city council (a female, but I don't remember her name) had a sound bite where she said she didn't think it warrented him spending a night in jail because he "just went across the street, he DIDN'T GO OUT OF THE COUNTRY".

Seriously?

Erm, okay. Would someone please show me where Windsor, Ontario Cananda is on a map of the US??

Whatever.

Oh, and I find Kwame repugnant.
That would be the tiaraaaaaaaaaaaaa-fabulous Barbara Rose Collins! Also, Martha Reeves did not know that Tiger stadium is being torn down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or