U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:17 AM

3,193 posts, read 4,803,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_desi View Post
I am from India and would prefer to live in apartments where there are lots of Indian families so that my wife will have a good social life. Please help
I know it isn't politically correct to be offended by this, but I am anyway. If you prefer lots of Indian families, you could always live in.....uhhhhhh.......INDIA?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 PM

15 posts, read 71,727 times
Thanks for your suggestion.... I reason why I am looking for lots of Indians is because my wife doesn't know driving and can't speak English well. Sorry if I offended you but my intentions are not , since sometimes you move and get into lease without much reasearch and then you realise that there is a neighbourhood just next mile you moved where your family feels more comfortable and you regret.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 PM

225 posts, read 750,016 times
Quote:
same question.
There are plenty of resources online that illustrate why Wayne Westland schools are not as desirable as other nearby districts.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:31 AM

13,621 posts, read 20,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearborn View Post
There are plenty of resources online that illustrate why Wayne Westland schools are not as desirable as other nearby districts.
Then can you point me to one? I am not trying to be argumentative, I was just surprised at this and want to find out more.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:53 AM

104 posts, read 342,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Then can you point me to one? I am not trying to be argumentative, I was just surprised at this and want to find out more.
Here you go:

Wayne-Westland Community School District schools, Westland - MI: charter and public schools. Westland school district - Westland MI school district

If you look at the numbers, WW schools score very low, especially compared to Plymouth/Canton. Of course numbers and quotes online don't always convey the entire story but it gives you a good idea. I have a little one starting kindy next fall and we live in Plymouth partly due the rep of the school district. In my own personal opinion, I'd never sent him to W/W schools.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 20,788,054 times
Thanks for the link. I see that my old elementary school scores highest in the district. My nephew goes there now. Anyways, I see that things aren't as good as they used to be.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:13 AM

27,749 posts, read 65,567,547 times
Plymouth has great schools1 Go visit them. P/C is a really good district

Old 09-13-2008, 09:04 AM

5 posts, read 13,785 times
Canton is the area you want to live in. A decent sized Indian population.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:35 PM

5 posts, read 13,243 times
If you are only going to be in Michigan for less than a year, there is no reason to re-register your car. Keep the Texas plates until they expire, then register where ever you are living.
Buy a car here, much better prices than anywhere. The sticker price is just a rough guide. 20% under sticker is about right.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessemichigan View Post
Totally agree with you! I've lived in Canton for 8 years, I visit Plymouth often, Plymouth is nice but more expensive than Canton, and Canton prolly has more Indian families as well. I'm a fan of Northville also. I do feel that Canton is more diverse than Plymouth or Northville. At least 40-50% of the kids that attend the schools with my children are Indian. I've witnessed this growth since I moved to Canton.
I seriously Doubt these numbers (40-50% of the kids). Our chidren go to the Canton-Plymouth school and I have observed about 8-10% children at most from Indian origin in general. Yes I do agree Canton has more Indian origin families then Plymouth but both are absolutely great places to live..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or