Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:24 PM

902 posts, read 1,926,275 times

Advertisements

I think when you click on the hyperlink icon and the box appears , clear the highlighted http:// out of the field , put your blinking line in that box and hit Ctrl and V this will paste it in place . Can't have 2 http:// 's so thats why I clear the highlighted one out first because a link will already have a http://
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 12:51 PM

7 posts, read 35,278 times
There are no Hmong or asians in Highland Park and no Polish residents. All the Polish live in Hamtramck. Highland Park is almost 100% Black and totally ghetto. 70% of the residents are on welfare. I know firsthand because I lived there and it was a nightmare. Since I am a big guy I never was victimized but women are victimized all the time. So there no asian gangs or any high profile gang activity. There are a lot of pimps and low profile drug kingpins that pay off the police

Old 02-28-2009, 01:10 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,992 times
For what it's worth....all the Vietnamese food in the movie came from Bangkok 96 on Telegraph in Dearborn or Dearborn Heights.......The owner is currently trying to avoid being deported...

Old 02-28-2009, 08:44 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallDude7 View Post
There are no Hmong or asians in Highland Park and no Polish residents. All the Polish live in Hamtramck. Highland Park is almost 100% Black and totally ghetto. 70% of the residents are on welfare. I know firsthand because I lived there and it was a nightmare. Since I am a big guy I never was victimized but women are victimized all the time. So there no asian gangs or any high profile gang activity. There are a lot of pimps and low profile drug kingpins that pay off the police
Ill have to ask my buddy who works for Highland Park PD if he gets paid off by drug kingpins.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 7,258 times
Highland park is not ghetto, i used to live there, my grandmother lives across the street from the house clint was in. The city is full of different people, rich, wealthy, poor, and disadvantaged. The Police department is new and cleaning the city up. The Blk Officer that said "Get them the **** out of here" at the end is Highland Parks real Chief of police.

Governors, mayors and judges live in highland park. The city is known for its historical homes. 99percent of the police in the movie are REAL sworn in Police officers in the city of Highland Park.

Last edited by Yac; 03-06-2009 at 01:58 AM..

Old 03-05-2009, 08:15 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,992 times
Which governor lives in Highland Park?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:20 AM

542 posts, read 1,449,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darell_2002 View Post
Highland park is not ghetto, i used to live there, my grandmother lives across the street from the house clint was in. The city is full of different people, rich, wealthy, poor, and disadvantaged. The Police department is new and cleaning the city up. The Blk Officer that said "Get them the **** out of here" at the end is Highland Parks real Chief of police.

Governors, mayors and judges live in highland park. The city is known for its historical homes. 99percent of the police in the movie are REAL sworn in Police officers in the city of Highland Park.

i don't agree. here is a video shot in highland park.

YouTube - The ruins of Highland Park, Mich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVCi...eature=related
i didn't completely watch the second video so i appoligize if theres anything offensive on it.

Last edited by renter8319; 03-28-2009 at 12:31 AM..

Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 AM

25 posts, read 105,509 times
Yeah because if there is anybody to trust, its the NAACP...

Old 03-28-2009, 10:59 AM

542 posts, read 1,449,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
Yeah because if there is anybody to trust, its the NAACP...

that's not the point. check the footage.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:11 PM

41 posts, read 140,852 times
That video is horrible. I lived in Highland Park for 3 years from 1972 to 1975 on Glendale right on the park just off of Woodward. Took the bus to work downtown every day and up Woodward to Sears to shop. How sad to see what a mess it is now. Granted it wasn't a great area when I was there, but it was livable as long as you were careful. I finally moved out when some guy jumped out at me while walking to the bus stop one morning. Luckily, I was able to fight and get away. Pepper spray and high heels never hurt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit