Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 6,442 times

Advertisements

First off I'd like to say HI to all of you Detroit HATERS bad mouthing Detroit when you and I know that dispite Detroit's reputation most Detroiters aren't bad people most are hard working people just trying to make ends meet just like everybody else despite the condition of Detroit's economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 04:35 PM

200 posts, read 806,913 times
Detroit is really a very nice city. Like I have said it really makes me mad when people start bad mouthing it and you ask them what part of town they have been to... and they are like oh ive never been I am just goin on the reputation it has.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:37 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threatsolution View Post
First off I'd like to say HI to all of you Detroit HATERS bad mouthing Detroit when you and I know that dispite Detroit's reputation most Detroiters aren't bad people most are hard working people just trying to make ends meet just like everybody else despite the condition of Detroit's economy
Unfortunately, it isn't the good people who work hard/or who need jobs who get the attention. It is the criminals who get most of the attention.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:49 PM

93,263 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Unfortunately, it isn't the good people who work hard/or who need jobs who get the attention. It is the criminals who get most of the attention.
True and it is funny how people seem to forget about the very nice neighborhoods that are still stable within the city too.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 PM

186 posts, read 587,940 times
Detroit is a hardworking city that works to get to the top but practically all you see on the news is the bad.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:43 PM

35 posts, read 86,350 times
This thread gave me a good laugh... thanks

Old 05-29-2009, 09:18 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarissaInMichigan View Post
This thread gave me a good laugh... thanks
That's what we're all here for, to give you laughs.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,522 times
Most people in the city have a close family member "in the system", and there's only 550 people giving the city a bad name? And how exactly is Detroit a "hard working" city? Give me some examples. Seems to me it's a pretty lazy city. Especially considering the high school graduation rate. I find it hard to believe that so many kids are running amok because their parents are too busy at work to keep them out of trouble.

It's hard to tell by just reading.....Was the original post satire?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:53 AM

186 posts, read 587,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
Most people in the city have a close family member "in the system", and there's only 550 people giving the city a bad name? And how exactly is Detroit a "hard working" city? Give me some examples. Seems to me it's a pretty lazy city. Especially considering the high school graduation rate. I find it hard to believe that so many kids are running amok because their parents are too busy at work to keep them out of trouble.

It's hard to tell by just reading.....Was the original post satire?
Being realistic, there area many working famlies and working neighborhoods in Detroit, but there are also families that live below the poverty line and struggle too, their children fall under and what are the parents to do, I don't know, but I do no that there are families in Detroit that work as hard as any in the Suburbs and some people might look at Detroit and only see the poverty, the crime, and the corruption in the city. I guess there are two ways to look at this.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
That's what we're all here for, to give you laughs.

Thank-you..some do it so well...

and ohhh...to those who are not the hard working decent nice folks in Detroit...WHY HAVEN'T YOU HIT EIGHT MILE YET?

Oh,,my bad...I assume they can read....

Signs--signs--WHERE ARE MY SIGNS??

And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous
with the wicked?
Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also
destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are
therein?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit