Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:26 AM

3 posts, read 10,774 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any ideas how to get drugs and the drug dealers off our streets?

The police do not seem to be doing enough. The laws only allow minimal jail time.

In the mean time, drugs are in our schools, in our streets and they are killing our youth.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 02:19 PM

37 posts, read 102,817 times
Legalize them! Not trying to be sarcastic, that would kill off all organized crime associated with street drugs.

I really don't think you can save children from drugs unless the parents step up and do their job and teach their kids to stay away from that garbage.

I admire your concern, but if a parent can't teach a kid about the dangerous and teach them that school is their biggest concern they may fall prey to drugs.

I've rarely seen cases where good caring parents have kids that are drug addicts. It's usually low educated parents or flatout bad parents that have kids on the streets looking for drugs.

gotta start with the parents first, although I think even the government gave up on trying to get the point across to parents, cause now all I see is advertising directly to the older brother/sister to teach their siblings to stay away from drugs.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:28 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,167 times
Crime and drugs are BIG business. You can't stop big business.
If crime were to stop it would make a lot of people angry in the "higher ups".

Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 6,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVE OUR YOUTH View Post
Does anyone have any ideas how to get drugs and the drug dealers off our streets?

The police do not seem to be doing enough. The laws only allow minimal jail time.

In the mean time, drugs are in our schools, in our streets and they are killing our youth.

The solution to this problem is very hard to achieve because the population of our youth is so big that with even the best education, some will still go on to the streets. A good idea that I have to reduce the amount of drug use in our youth, is not even legalizing it, because this way the drug becomes easier to obtain, but creating a certain kind of education, a class in which from elementary school the kids face their selves in different kinds of situations, the bigger the grade, the more complex the situation is. I'm aware that there are some kinds of classes like this, but I'm talking about a constant normal class, like math or science, where the children face a situation and have to make a decision, which leads to a consecuence in which they have be responsible of. This is just a suggestion.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:46 PM

5 posts, read 18,644 times
billy smokes pot billy trys H billy dies rite....

Old 05-07-2007, 03:31 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Legalization and education.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:12 PM

3 posts, read 11,190 times
if you're looking for a way to help the youth of livonia come visit the Livonia Save Our Youth Task Force - for more information visit - Save Our Youth Task Force - or my site www.justsayrun.com -

Old 06-08-2007, 03:01 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Legalization and education.
Wrong. Why give in to a problem that would only get worse if legalized? Why not legalize robbery, larceny, UDAA, etc?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:03 PM

3 posts, read 11,406 times
Exclamation What happen to Pray ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVE OUR YOUTH View Post

Man can only change a few things, but God can change everything. If we dare to beleive and work collectively with all counties that are faceing those same problems.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:18 PM

5 posts, read 18,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Wrong. Why give in to a problem that would only get worse if legalized? Why not legalize robbery, larceny, UDAA, etc?

That is like comparing robbery to murder.

Hey why don't we just give the death penalty for stealing candy. **** all the law breakers.

And why stop with just some drugs, why not illegalize all drugs, like Tylenol a commonly overdosed drug.

I had no idea burning a natural plant was the same as going on your property and stealing your ****.

So deleted, personal insult

Last edited by jeffncandace; 06-21-2007 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: personal insult
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit