Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,009 times

Advertisements

I lived in Roseville about 5 years ago, but have since moved away from Michigan. Now, my family is moving back to the northern suburbs of either Sterling Heights or Shelby Township. We have a little one who will be attending school in a few years, and we are interested in finding a great school for him. We also wonder how the recent economic downtown and auto industry issues have effected the area. Are there still jobs? Is the area still safe? Is it a good community to buy a home in? Is there still alot to do? Any info is welcome, and we appreciate everyone's time. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 01:29 PM

186 posts, read 585,376 times
Sterling Heights is dependant on the Auto Indo. and is a nice community. It even he has a Wal-Mart, which I like living close to one. Sterling Heights has been affected but not as much as it could, and if I were you I would choose a job that's anywhere but in the auto industry right now if you wan a safe job. As for schools there is Sterling Elementary School(8), Dresden Elementary(5), and Huron Elementary(6). The website ratings are in parentheses. As far as I know Sterling Heights is still a safe community, in fact most of Detroit's suburbs are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit