Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,288 times

Advertisements

My family just moved to Michigan the week of Christmas..My husband had a job lined out the day prior to leaving from Missouri...we arrive. The job offer fell through due to layoffs. BUT...we absolutely loveeee Michigan, and we do not want to leave for any reason. So if we can support Michigan in any way im all for it. And MICoastieMom...i would love to start a garden, or herbs, of some sort for my family and others who are in need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 10:44 AM

1,107 posts, read 3,071,531 times
Buy cars that are built in America regardless foreign car or Detroit 3 car. The profits stay in America via the workers paying American taxes, spending their paycheck at American stores and the company invests in those auto plants in America.

Where as some Detroit 3 car's (made in Canada or Mexico) and some foreign cars are made in a foreign country and the profits don't come back to America via the workers not paying American taxes, not spending it in American Stores and the auto companies investing in the plants in those foreign countries.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:52 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,111 times
sunshineann, I am sending you a personal message.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:21 PM

Location: D-town (technically a suburb, cause "and the" said so)
90 posts, read 207,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
My family just moved to Michigan the week of Christmas..My husband had a job lined out the day prior to leaving from Missouri...we arrive. The job offer fell through due to layoffs. BUT...we absolutely loveeee Michigan, and we do not want to leave for any reason. So if we can support Michigan in any way im all for it. And MICoastieMom...i would love to start a garden, or herbs, of some sort for my family and others who are in need.
I am really sorry to hear that the job fell through. I hope your husband was able to get another one. Also, it's great to have people here that want to be here. This is my home and I want to do what I can to help it. From my family to yours...Welcome to Michigan. We hope you're happy here and stay here.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Now THIS is the kind of thing I like to see. Remember people, buy Jiffy Mix, eat Better Made snack foods and Velvet peanut butter. All made in MI.

Others to support:

Traverse City Pie Co.
any of Mackinaw Island's finer fudge establishments
KMart
Also:

Faygo
Country Fresh dairy products
Keebler
Kellogs

Check out this website as well. It's a good source for Michigan products...
Made in Michigan Movement LLC (http://madeinmichiganmovement.com/food.php - broken link)

Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,774 times
My products are made right here in Michigan. Sadly I cannot advertise on here.
Love the farmers markets!

Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
My products are made right here in Michigan. Sadly I cannot advertise on here.
Love the farmers markets!
Send me a personal message with your product info. If I ever need it or them, I will come there first.

St8champ

Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st8champ90 View Post
I am really sorry to hear that the job fell through. I hope your husband was able to get another one. Also, it's great to have people here that want to be here. This is my home and I want to do what I can to help it. From my family to yours...Welcome to Michigan. We hope you're happy here and stay here.
Thank you so much. No, no job as of yet. But no worries, we make it each day. I believe its much easier to make it when you love where you are, regardless.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Thank you so much. No, no job as of yet. But no worries, we make it each day. I believe its much easier to make it when you love where you are, regardless.
More people should have an outlook on life like you do. Best of luck to you.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 PM

542 posts, read 1,449,644 times
i personally am no longer a pop drinker, but for those who are, i believe faygohas line best line of pop in the market, and it is the best priced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit