Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:04 PM

3 posts, read 13,021 times

Advertisements

Wow, those url links are automatically turned into hyperlinks with the home page names of the sites attached. Cool! I've never seen that before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,179,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainhopper View Post
Wow, those url links are automatically turned into hyperlinks with the home page names of the sites attached. Cool! I've never seen that before.
Pretty cool huh! Thanks for the post and welcome to the forums!

Old 07-08-2007, 11:23 AM

6 posts, read 26,572 times
I used to live with Urbane Apartments when they were just getting on the map. They now have like 7 locations with two more in the works (from what I hear). Most of their locations are within a 5-10 minute drive of royal oak, berkley, ferndale, and birmingham-which is fantastic! Most of the apartments in that area are old and really yucky. Urbane is defiantly aware of that and they are doing a really great job of updating apartments!!!

Old 07-08-2007, 03:22 PM

33 posts, read 145,082 times
Yeah, I took the apartment site unseen because their website looked so great and everybody raved about them. The studio is tiny-tiny, but the location is awesome. Will make the move after 5 years in Boston back to Michigan a bit easier!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:57 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,179,900 times
I just drove by Urbane yesterday (14 and Crooks, I believe) and the place looked so good it made me crain my neck while driving! They are doing a great job.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:00 PM

34 posts, read 141,444 times
Default living downtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
A white person in Detroit is a sitting duck. This is from the police perspective.
this has got to be the most ridiculous comment ever. i am white, and female, and lived in detroit for some time. never ever had an issue. EVER. we take our 5 kids to the River Front, Campus Martius, Eastern Market and many other places. Detroit is not the Detroit of the 80's.
Some real advice - the loft and condo situation in Detroit is booming right now. They are expensive though. So are Royal Oak, Ferndale, and Huntingwoods. You can check into those Oakland County cities but aside from some diversity in Royal Oak and Ferndale, you don't get much else.
Good Luck!

Old 07-11-2007, 04:58 PM

33 posts, read 145,082 times
Default Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainhopper View Post
Bem629, you should have seen that building on 6th and Washington before Urbane bought it - it was pretty scary. That corner looks fantastic now, with the new apartments and 6 Salon on the main floor.
Yeah, I saw it on the outside and it looked awesome--when something opened up--I was in Boston, MA--I took it sight unseen! I'm excited about moving in this September....

Old 07-16-2007, 06:41 PM

607 posts, read 2,974,089 times
you should really get a place in downtown detroit, don't let all these negative posts change your view of detroit. take a trip downtown and you can see that it isn't dangerous, it is safer than downtown chicago. the city has a lot to offer, great lofts, great nightlife, great attractions. and you can walk anywhere in downtown, you don't have to worry about driving from the far out suburbs.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 PM

607 posts, read 2,974,089 times
move downtown, alot more going on than any suburb. the lofts are expensive, but you can get some cheaper ones. the downtown area is very safe, safer than the average us city. there is alot of shopping on merchants row, and alot of theatres near comerica park, like the Fox, Gem, State. alot of nice rsturaunts, nihgtlife,etc. downtown. a great area is campus martius park, alot of towreing office buildings, the newer hard rock cafe, and some apartments.

Last edited by Jake1256; 07-16-2007 at 07:15 PM..

Old 07-16-2007, 07:44 PM

999 posts, read 4,514,468 times
Without kids, downtown. With kids, Royal Oak. It would be nice to live downtown if you're working downtown. Still, there are areas downtown where I wouldn't go running too late at night. The new Riverwalk looks OK to run on. I wouldn't run up Gratiot.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit