Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:32 PM

11 posts, read 30,844 times

Advertisements

I live in St. Heights, just off of Van Dyke. The neighborhoods are safe and I never fear for my safety while I take 5 mile walks in the summer. The police department is wonderful and they have a quick response time. The school district is also wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 01:18 AM

2 posts, read 4,872 times
I've lived various places in Macomb County all of my life (not counting the 4 years in undergrad at MSU). I've never come across any violence--but then, I don't go looking for it, either. I'd personally visit any place before I bought (or rented) a home, of course. I've lived in really nice neighborhoods in St. Clair Shores and Warren...nice neighbors, well-kept homes and yards, friendly local merchants. No problems for me, so far!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 AM

948 posts, read 3,355,647 times
Default Some other options

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantell_pettawa View Post
Hello,
We are military family and will be moving to Sterling Heights,MI. How is Sterling Heights? We are looking to rent a house/apartment/condo/townhouse. Can anyone suggest a good area to find nice place?

How are the Perserves in Sterling Heights? We saw them on the website but it's hard to get a lot of details about them. My husband will be working in Sterling Heights, but we do not have to live there. I just don't want him driving more than 45 min to work each day. I am a school teacher but I might not work depending on the area and plus we have a six month old baby. Any tips or suggetions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Sterling hts. is okay. If you're looking for openness and parks, then Rochester hills is nice and has a quaint feel to it with shops and parks for the kids. Sterling hts. is pretty built up and has many busy roads. Lot's of tract housing, etc. Do you want property? Sidewalks? Parks? Rural living? No yard?

You might want to ask the base housing or base command (Selfridge?) to see if they have a civilian community housing list. Some bases do, but worth checking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit