Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:56 AM

9 posts, read 15,454 times

Advertisements

How is the Dearborn area and the areas in Detroit just above Dearborn? I saw some properties there for pretty good prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 01:50 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdataman View Post
How is the Dearborn area and the areas in Detroit just above Dearborn? I saw some properties there for pretty good prices.
I believe that Warrendale is a neighborhood in the city of Detroit that is more diverse and is safer than most in the city. Rosedale Park is another city neighborhood that would probably be fine.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:14 PM

Oh so that's what the areas near Dearborn are called? I take a closer look saw a few homes near there at good prices and checked out the google maps to get a look at the way the neighborhood looked. Didn't look too bad but I wasn't sure when those pics were taken. Google has that cool 3D look at things now. Can't to actually visit and see places though Thanks!

Old 03-13-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdataman View Post
Oh so that's what the areas near Dearborn are called? I take a closer look saw a few homes near there at good prices and checked out the google maps to get a look at the way the neighborhood looked. Didn't look too bad but I wasn't sure when those pics were taken. Google has that cool 3D look at things now. Can't to actually visit and see places though Thanks!
Here's some information that will give you an idea about the neighborhoods:
//www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...etroit-MI.html (Has pretty large Arab population, I believe)

//www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...etroit-MI.html

//www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...eights-MI.html

Some others in the city of Detroit that you might like:
//www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...d-Park-MI.html

Some more info.:
Cityscape Detroit > Detroit Neighborhoods

Neighborhoods in Detroit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-13-2010 at 04:51 PM..

Old 03-14-2010, 09:22 PM

Thanks!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:34 PM

Another site to check out is this one: Search For Schools, Colleges and Libraries

Just put in a community and it will give you the demographics for the schools there. It will also show info. for private schools and what school district the school is in. This can help supplement the information on other websites like GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community and city-data.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM

1,996 posts, read 3,161,220 times
The city that combines ethnic diversity and urban feel BY FAR is the city of Hamtramck. According to the 2000 census, it is the most densely populated city in Michigan (almost 11,000 people/square mile). There are like 60 languages spoken there. It has a very urban feel, and it's only 5 miles or so from Downtown Detroit and the riverfront. The main thoroughfare, Joseph Campau, is lined with bars and other retail. Hamtramck is a small municipality surrounded by Detroit and Highland Park. Pleas check it out.

Another area that is diverse, and that is very near to the waterfront, waterfront parks, and Downtown is a collection of neighborhoods called "The Villages". Below is a link to their website:

thevillagesofdetroit.com/

The following is a link of a house for sale in West Village, one of the "villages". (moderator, I am not a real estate agent)
Detroit, MI Real Estate & Detroit Homes for Sale (http://www.realestateone.com/homes/210021771-1419_Seyburn_St-Detroit-MI-48214 - broken link)

Another neighborhood that has strong pride and stability, but might not have quite that urban feel is East English Village. It's website is:

East English Village Home Tour 2009

About that Detroit neighborhood that is adjacent to Dearborn - it is called Warrendale, and it is where I live and am a homeowner. This is also one of the most diverse in the city, with many whites still left, as well as new Mexican and Arab neighbors. Unfortunately, much of this neighborhood is on a slow decline, but there are still some many strong neighborhood blocks. The areas south of Tireman Avenue are the most stable. Also, Warren Ave, the main commercial street, has some many businesses, and if you like Middle-Eastern food, Warren Avenue in neighboring Dearborn is an orgy of such restaurants.

The former president of the Warrendale Neighborhood association maintains a blog about issues and news in the neighborhood. The link to the blog is:

warrendale.blogspot.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit