Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

CITY councillor and former mayor of Derby Sara Bolton was stopped by security at a supermarket after failing to pay for goods.

A statement from the city’s Labour group, and drafted by Ms Bolton, said the mistake was believed to have been made after she had a diabetic incident which left her “not completely functioning”.

Read more: Derby councillor Sara Bolton blames diabetes after 'not paying for goods' in Sainsbury's | Derby Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 06:34 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
I didn't read the article but I have personal experience with being quite off during episode of low blood sugar. The brain just doesn't work correctly at this time. I can't think rational thoughts or think reasonably. Once in the middle of the night I awoke with dangerous low blood sugar. I had run out of glucose tablets I usually keep in my bedside table so I knew I had to get to the fridge for some orange juice. I stumbled down the hall right past my daughter and her friend watching TV. I was NUDE. My daughter was horrified but she quickly knew what was happening and helped me cover up and get my juice.

Another time - early in learning how to use insulin- I was very low and knew I had to do something but was confused about what to do so I ended up giving myself insulin--just the opposite of what I needed. Again life saving daughter helped me through it. i drank juice for the first low and she sat with me and fed me anything we could think of for the coming low. It was a nightmare.

I'm not sure it this is true now but years ago police were trained to ask an erratic driver if they were diabetic because they knew somebody with low sugar can't think right or be very coordinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes