Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 07:37 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,485,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dells View Post
We come from the tropics and spend a great deal of effort to create tropical microclimates in our homes, cars etc.

Each species has its own food source. We were never herbivores as they usually have multiple stomachs and teeth that grind and mash.

Meat-eaters: have claws
Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

If a deer is burned in a forest fire a carnivorous animal will NOT eat its flesh. Even circus lions have to be feed raw meat so that they will not starve to death. If humans were truly meant to eat meat then we would eat all of our meat raw and bloody.

Mothers milk contains less than 1% protein. We are not a protein species. We can't even use complete protein (meats) as it has to be first broken down into individual amino acids before it can be utilized.

Protein damages our kidneys as they struggle to eliminate the waste products of protein metabolism. Most people die from kidney failure as in the kidneys don't filter properly and the sewer system of your body (the lymphatic system) cannot eliminate the acidic waste which causes the acids to damage cells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnVR0baMAlE
The Raw Truth About Fruit
There is vegan forum on city-,data. You are free to spew out all the vegan propaganda there and someone may actually read it. Here? I doubt anybody cares as most sensible "meat-eaters" as you like to put it probably don't care, me included
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 11:55 AM

90 posts, read 70,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
There is vegan forum on city-,data. You are free to spew out all the vegan propaganda there and someone may actually read it. Here? I doubt anybody cares as most sensible "meat-eaters" as you like to put it probably don't care, me included
This isn't vegan propaganda. I could care less if you eat meat. I don't care what you eat. Your life is your journey and you are solely responsible for it. If eating meat is where your consciousness is at this point in your path then that is where you need to be. If eating live, higher vibrational foods does not resonate well with you then by all means continue what works for you. It really doesn't matter. Again this life is your journey and nobody else's. For those that want to actually repair and regenerate damaged cells there is only one way. A raw food diet of fresh fruit and vegetables, fruit being the best. Diabetes is not something that you caught. It is simple cause and effect. Its what you put in your mouth. Most people have other issues besides just diabetes. Cellular damage is generally systemic. A raw food diet helps to strengthen and rebuild all cells. If someone wants to regenerate themselves and then go back to their old ways so be it.

The diet can be difficult because the quality of fruit is generally not that good. It takes a lot of effort to go to many stores in order to obtain decent fruit. People that live in small towns will have the hardest time. Frozen fruit is just as good nutritionally as fresh. Farmers markets are great.

The original question was, "what is a good diet for a prediabetic". Answer, a raw food diet as it will rebuild all of your damaged cells. There are other diets that will "manage" the symptons but if you want to drill down and get to the root problem then you need to rebuild and reawaken those damaged pancreatic beta cells and all of your cells.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:32 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,982,794 times
Quote:
A raw food diet of fresh fruit and vegetables, fruit being the best. Diabetes is not something that you caught. It is simple cause and effect. Its what you put in your mouth. .
Okay then, explain this...I've been a vegetarian all my life, eating fruits and vegetables, and yet I'm a type 2 diabetic. I didn't "catch it" from eating meats, and I've never been overweight in my life.

I stopped eating fruits when I was diagnosed, because fruits raise my blood sugar. I don't want to have my feet amputated because of uncontrolled high blood sugar, like my brother did, so I control my blood sugar by eating low carb.

If there are any new diet-controlled diabetics reading this thread, use a glucometer after eating fruits and other carbs, and that will tell you what you need to know.

Trust your glucometer.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
This isn't vegan propaganda. I could care less if you eat meat. I don't care what you eat. Your life is your journey and you are solely responsible for it. If eating meat is where your consciousness is at this point in your path then that is where you need to be. If eating live, higher vibrational foods does not resonate well with you then by all means continue what works for you. It really doesn't matter. Again this life is your journey and nobody else's. For those that want to actually repair and regenerate damaged cells there is only one way. A raw food diet of fresh fruit and vegetables, fruit being the best. Diabetes is not something that you caught. It is simple cause and effect. Its what you put in your mouth. Most people have other issues besides just diabetes. Cellular damage is generally systemic. A raw food diet helps to strengthen and rebuild all cells. If someone wants to regenerate themselves and then go back to their old ways so be it.

The diet can be difficult because the quality of fruit is generally not that good. It takes a lot of effort to go to many stores in order to obtain decent fruit. People that live in small towns will have the hardest time. Frozen fruit is just as good nutritionally as fresh. Farmers markets are great.

The original question was, "what is a good diet for a prediabetic". Answer, a raw food diet as it will rebuild all of your damaged cells. There are other diets that will "manage" the symptons but if you want to drill down and get to the root problem then you need to rebuild and reawaken those damaged pancreatic beta cells and all of your cells.
You say it isn't vegan propaganda but what you posted has nothing to do with diabetes or the original topic which is "So what is actually a good diet for someone pre-diabetic?". What you posted sounds like what I have heard MANY times before from "preachy" vegans. Let me refresh your memory on what you posted.

Quote:
We come from the tropics and spend a great deal of effort to create tropical microclimates in our homes, cars etc.

Each species has its own food source. We were never herbivores as they usually have multiple stomachs and teeth that grind and mash.

Meat-eaters: have claws
Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

If a deer is burned in a forest fire a carnivorous animal will NOT eat its flesh. Even circus lions have to be feed raw meat so that they will not starve to death. If humans were truly meant to eat meat then we would eat all of our meat raw and bloody.

Mothers milk contains less than 1% protein. We are not a protein species. We can't even use complete protein (meats) as it has to be first broken down into individual amino acids before it can be utilized.

Protein damages our kidneys as they struggle to eliminate the waste products of protein metabolism. Most people die from kidney failure as in the kidneys don't filter properly and the sewer system of your body (the lymphatic system) cannot eliminate the acidic waste which causes the acids to damage cells.
This looks like a rant about why we (according to you) should not be eating meat, has nothing to do with diabetes and belongs in another forum. I already mentioned that.

Diabetes is a metabolic condition where one is not able to process glucose correctly. Meat contains none. It may cause other health problems, I will admit but diabetes IS NOT one of them.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Okay then, explain this...I've been a vegetarian all my life, eating fruits and vegetables, and yet I'm a type 2 diabetic. I didn't "catch it" from eating meats, and I've never been overweight in my life.

I stopped eating fruits when I was diagnosed, because fruits raise my blood sugar. I don't want to have my feet amputated because of uncontrolled high blood sugar, like my brother did, so I control my blood sugar by eating low carb.

If there are any new diet-controlled diabetics reading this thread, use a glucometer after eating fruits and other carbs, and that will tell you what you need to know.

Trust your glucometer.
The pancreas in addition to secreting insulin also produces digestive enzymes. A normally functioning pancreas secretes about 8 cups of pancreatic juice into the duodenum, daily. This fluid contains pancreatic enzymes to help with digestion and bicarbonate to neutralize stomach acid as it enters the small intestine. If you cook your vegetables to kill all of the enzymes. Your pancreas has to make up the difference and that places a heavy burden on it. You must be 100% raw or you will not get the results you are looking for. Genetic weakness does play a part and it seems each new generation has more and more issues. Parents should be 100% raw as the child inherits the lymphatic system of the mother.

Exactly what your blood sugar level should be two hours after meals is up for debate. As of 2017, ACE guidelines call for the tightest control, with two-hour readings below 140 mg/dl. The Joslin Diabetes Center and the American Diabetes Association suggest postmeal readings below 180 mg/dl.

Eat the fruit and wait 2 hours before you test. Do not combine with any bread or grains (or anything else) as they have much more sugar than fruits.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
You say it isn't vegan propaganda but what you posted has nothing to do with diabetes or the original topic which is "So what is actually a good diet for someone pre-diabetic?". What you posted sounds like what I have heard MANY times before from "preachy" vegans. Let me refresh your memory on what you posted.

This looks like a rant about why we (according to you) should not be eating meat, has nothing to do with diabetes and belongs in another forum. I already mentioned that.

Diabetes is a metabolic condition where one is not able to process glucose correctly. Meat contains none. It may cause other health problems, I will admit but diabetes IS NOT one of them.
Medical studies have concluded that saturated animal fat kills pancreatic beta cells (not to mention causes colon cancer) and if you prefer to eat it then continue to do so. That is your choice. I am not against it but, if you want to rebuild and regenerate then you need to be 100% raw.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:37 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,982,794 times
Quote:

Eat the fruit and wait 2 hours before you test. Do not combine with any bread or grains (or anything else) as they have much more sugar than fruits.
Ya think??

Old 02-18-2018, 10:53 PM

Epic Interview- Science Proves Healthiest Diet on Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Olll-NpBBI

Old 02-19-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Medical studies have concluded that saturated animal fat kills pancreatic beta cells
Show me. Talk is cheap.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Show me. Talk is cheap.

Its probably in one of Dr. Greger’s videos that I posted here. If not just go to his You Tube channel, Nutrition Facts and watch the videos on diabetes. I am sure that you could Google it but Dr. Greger’s advice is one of the most highly credible and is often quoted by others. He and his team actually go to the Harvard Medical School library, read the studies and pass the info on to the lay person.

As you may have seen he donates all of the profits from his nutritional work and his book " How Not To Die" to charity.

Another interesting medical doctor's work to pour over is Dr. Esselstyn. He is President Bill Clinton's heart doctor. He put him on a vegetarian diet. What is interesting to note is that he stresses to use no oil, in anything.

The Esselstyn Heart Healthy Diet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes