Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 07:41 PM

17,533 posts, read 15,267,171 times

Advertisements

Successfully moved up to the next dose level, 5mg, last week, without too many troubling side effects. Some insomnia has occurred, which others have reported, but it's not been severe. I haven't had coffee or even wanted any since I started on the med, not sure why, and I wake up earlier.

I still get hunger signals when I need to eat, same as on the lower dose, and with filling up quickly, I prioritize protein first, followed by vegetables and then fruit.

Blood draw appointment was this morning, and I'm anxious to see how the numbers look, compared to 5 weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
Yes, would love to see your continued progress!

As I've posted before, Ozempic has been a game changer for me. I managed the nausea in the early stages with Pepto Bismol caplets, but once I reached the target dose (1mg), symptoms essentially disappeared. My weight has dropped by 42lbs, and my A1C was 5.6 in June (it had been in the 7 and 8 range in the years prior).

I dropped Farxiga last month, so my only diabetes management drugs now are the Ozempic and Metformin. At one point, I had Januvia in the mix, too, but it really wasn't helping much.
Wow at your results! That's terrific.

Doc talked to me about Farxiga a few years ago, but I declined since it increases the risk of bladder cancer. Bladder cancer runs on my maternal side -- grandfather died from it and my mother had it 10 years ago.

I'm still on Metformin, 23 years & counting. I don't see that changing anytime soon; it's cheap, it works, my body tolerates it, and it plays well with others, like GLP-1.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:03 AM

Blood test results are back.

Fasting glucose: 82 (down from 102)

A1c: 6.2 (down from 6.8)

Old 08-04-2022, 08:50 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,112,488 times
Nice!

Unfortunately, I am not getting the new med. My insurance apparently won't cover it yet. So it's back to Ozempic for me, which is fine.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Nice!

Unfortunately, I am not getting the new med. My insurance apparently won't cover it yet. So it's back to Ozempic for me, which is fine.
Mine doesn't cover it either at this point. That's why Eli Lilly has their $25 savings card for people who have commercial insurance (not Medicare), and whose insurance companies don't cover it. The patient pays $25/month for up to 12 fills of the Rx. That's how 90%+ of people are getting this med.

Your doc needs to send an rx to your pharmacy for a 28 day fill, 4 injection pens, (starting on 2.5mg dose, unless doc wants you to start on 5mg if you've been taking another GLP-1 med recently), then the pharmacy applies the coupon in their system, and you pay $25. It's easy! I wouldn't delay on this since the coupon only runs until June 2023.

Link to Mounaro Savings Card page

Old 08-05-2022, 07:45 AM

Thanks!

Old 08-22-2022, 06:51 PM

I'll be moving up to the next level, 7.5 mg, with this next injection.

Have experienced more fatigue lately and some transient body aches, which is from an antibody immune response. Started taking Vit B-12 as well as a lower dose slow-release iron tablet, to boost that, based on recent blood tests.

No additional glucose testing since last doc's visit.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:17 PM

Ending my third week on the 7.5 mg dose. This dose has been kicking my caboose during these last weeks, so I'm going to stay at this level, and only increase to the next level when/if I need to.

Side effects on this dose have been a lot more fatigue, exhaustion, and overall no energy. Lower GI issues escalated, and are just now getting better. A new probiotic I started a few days ago is helping with that.

Doc wants to see me before prescribing the next 4 weeks of medicine, so the timing on that is good, and I'll be able to fill her in.

Old 09-13-2022, 07:45 AM

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry you are having problems on the higher dose, but if the lower dose is all your body needs, then that is all it needs! Maybe it will just take awhile longer for your body to adjust.

I'm having issues getting back on track after having lost insurance for a few months and not being able to afford much in the way of meds. I have an appointment with my doc tomorrow so we will see what is next for me.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:44 AM

Thanks lunetunelover.

I've recently read others' reports of feeling greater side-effects at this dose level, so it seems somewhat common. It's not a high dose on this med, but like anything, it does take the body time to adjust, and there's no need to rush the titration.

Sorry you're dealing with a setback from insurance loss. Don't forget you can take advantage of the Mounjaro coupon as long as you (now) have commercial insurance. Insurance doesn't need to cover it to get the savings, you just have to have insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes