Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 10:57 PM
ERH ERH started this thread

1,699 posts, read 2,528,434 times

Advertisements

I'm enjoying the decreased appetite, weight loss, and lower A1C I'm experiencing, but I am really struggling with excessive fatigue. Has anyone else dealt with this while on Ozempic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 11:00 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
I've been on Ozempic for about three months. Excessive fatigue is not listed as one of the "common" side effects.

While I have been tired, I've attributed it to many other factors (work, family illnesses, seasonal changes, etc).

How long have you been taking it? And have you talked to your doctor? There are lots of reasons to feel tired, there may be another issue that's causing your fatigue.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:14 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I'm enjoying the decreased appetite, weight loss, and lower A1C I'm experiencing, but I am really struggling with excessive fatigue. Has anyone else dealt with this while on Ozempic?
I have been on ozembic for one year now. I have lost 31 lbs, my A1c has gone from 7.7 to 6.2. I also suffer from regular fatigue, but that preceded the ozempic. Metformin which I also take combined with being over weight is the cause I beleive. I rake a multivitamin and do moferate exercise like wwlking, and easy going bike rides. I find if I exert myself tio strenously I will suffer days of sheer exhaustian.

Old 08-10-2020, 02:55 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,974,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Metformin which I also take combined with being over weight is the cause I beleive. .

When I first started taking metformin, I felt awful and had to lie down a lot. I think it may have been because of feeling weak from the loss of appetite (which was temporary). I guess you could call that fatigue.

Old 08-15-2020, 03:54 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,035 times
You get tired when your body is not supplying ENOUGH energy (sugar) to your metabolism.The sugar collects in your blood instead of being used and that will make you sleepy.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 48,513 times
So I do love to eat and I usually can tell when it’s time to cut calories when my suit button is begging for mercy and barely hanging on. I usually do phentermine but then my gut stays and my chest and shoulders shrink. I recently started Ozempic 0.5 mg a week, doubled my testosterone dose from 200mg every two weeks to 200mg once a week and weight train three times a week. I’ve lost ten lbs but it’s all gut and I’ve been able to maintain the rest. The ozempic is definitely a game changer. The hardest thing is making sure I eat enough carbs so I have energy to work out.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 47,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post

I have taken it for 1.5 months and I am usually pretty energetic. Now I am exhausted all the time.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:31 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Check your blood-sugar.....the higher levels of insulin may be whacking your BS-levels.

Old 01-25-2021, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 47,202 times
Default Extreme fatigue Oxempic

I am on Januvia and Ozempic. Two weeks ago I started on .25 and then second week went to .5. This is the only change in medications. The first week I started feeling so fatigue that I stayed in bed most every day. The second week, I felt even more fatigued. I am not able to do much of anything. My blood sugar is better so I am happy with that but wondered if others have experienced extreme fatigue when you first started Ozempic and how long the fatigue lasted?

Old 03-15-2021, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 46,238 times
I’m very happy to find someone else with the same symptoms as me, I’m experiencing extreme fatigue also. I took my first shot a week from this past Friday .25 and spent the entire weekend in bed and couldn’t get out of bed Monday either, very achy Monday Tuesday and Wednesday until the shots started to wear off Thursday was OK. Then I tried again this past Friday and again struggled to keep my eyes open the whole weekend all I wanted to do was sleep . Today’s Monday and I’m exhausted and very very achy, my doctor wants me to try something new because even she said this isn’t a common side effect. I love that my sugar cravings have gone away but I’m so tired I’m not even exercising so it’s really counterproductive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes