Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:18 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times

Advertisements

chuck_steak, I'm so glad you're still with us! Wow, what an awful experience.

Thank God there was enough blood in storage to replace what you lost. I don't think I'll ever look at the blood donation drives the same way again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 08:29 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,034,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
chuck_steak, I'm so glad you're still with us! Wow, what an awful experience.

Thank God there was enough blood in storage to replace what you lost. I don't think I'll ever look at the blood donation drives the same way again!
Yes, thank God is right! I am glad it was a big enough hospital to have it all on hand.

PLEASE people, give blood. Those donations save peoples lives, literally.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Chuck, you can go to the hospital's Medical Records office and request copies if all your records. They are legally required to give them to you. You should do this at both hospitals. Then read them!

Thus is how I found out my lung was nicked during a kidney surgery. The doctor never mentioned it.

I always do this to ensure I know exactly what happened.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I did. She became a member of the hospital that saved me and fudged the records. There are too many inconsistencies for the records to be legit. i.e., blood pressure 48/22 by EMS and then in the ER 120/50, telling me it asw five units of blood, etc., LOL. I know what happened, I know she lied and covered it up. I am still grateful that my life was saved and that I can be here for my son today. That's all that matters. I am not going to sue anyone, so she really didn't need to go to all that effort to cover things up.

Did you bleed out like I did?

I tell you, that's some scary stuff. If I had a choice all over again I would have kept my loose skin and not had the surgery done. I still have nightmares at night...and like today, I STILL haven't been to sleep...I have trouble going to sleep. I think it's PTSD.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'll stick to the cocoa butter lotion method..

I put it on my arms, stomach, side, and lower back every day and most people comment on how little hanging skin I have when they find out I had GB surgery. Had mine done 1 Sep 2010 and lost around 135 pounds and that's where I'm staying. If I lean over forward, I can definitely see some skin hanging, but it's really not that bad and definitely not bad enough to consider this surgery. I've read and heard too many stories about it going wrong and killing people and that's more than enough for me. It is annoying to have what looks like a little bit of a stomach, though, especially when I know I'm under 5% body fat and well within the weight standard for my height (6'2" and 175 pounds).
I wish I had used the cocoa butter method instead. You are smart for not having the surgery done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss