Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 04:11 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times

Advertisements

How To Lose Weight By Body Type And Blood Type | LIVESTRONG.COM

and another article that says to eat according to your bodytype/blood type:

How To Eat Right For Your Metabolism Type | LIVESTRONG.COM

This website is not linked to D'adamo. It is an independent website called LiveStrong, the website of Lance Armstrong, 7 time winner of the Tour de France. Same info, very interesting..... The article mentions a university center.... University of Houston Center for Wellness Without Borders.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, very interesting.

University Houston Wellness (UHW)
Center for Wellness Without Borders

THE 3 SOMATOTYPES

This university based wellness center is linking diet/fitness goals to body somatotypes, which is similar to the D'adamo approach which was dismissed on the basis that "he's not a real doctor."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 04:52 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
And Lance Armstrong isn't even a fake doctor. Tell ya what. If I was planning on competing in the Tour de France, I might consider looking to see what he says about his food choices. Since I'm not, I won't.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 PM

The University of Houston is a wellness center staffed by real degreed individuals....

Including Chuck Layne, a professor!

Dr. Charles Layne

The Center for Neuromotor and Biomechanics Research at The University of Houston. (http://www.hhp.uh.edu/cnbr/people/layne.htm - broken link)

I appreciate Lance's point of view and opinion also, considering that he is without question a highly placed professional in his field.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Yes, his profession is riding a bike. If I want advice about riding a bike, I would be grateful for his advice about it. He's not a nutritionist, or a doctor. Just because he recommends Dr. #1's diet, doesn't mean that Dr. #1's diet is any good. He is not qualified to know which doctor's diets are worth following. He is not a member of the medical community, or even a scientific researcher of any stature within the field of medical research. He's a bicyclist. A famous one, definitely. But hey - I used to be a famous musician, back in the day. That doesn't qualify me to tell you which rocket fuel is best.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Lance Armstrong is a world class athlete with many years of experience---- of course he would have an opinion about fitness, physiology, diet, etc. The articles I posted give reference to a *university research/wellness center*. The University of Houston is promoting *body somatotype* theory--- the belief that different body types have different exercise requirements.

Last edited by lemon&lime; 04-09-2011 at 07:10 PM..

Old 04-09-2011, 07:29 PM

And neither Lance Armstrong nor the "body somatotype" theory have anything to do with the Eat Right for your Blood Type diet. Perhaps you might want to create a new thread to extoll the virtues of your latest favorite fad.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 PM

D'adamo correlates mesomorphism with Blood Type O, ectomorphism with Blood Type A etc......same concepts. Moderator cut: insulting remark removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
And neither Lance Armstrong nor the "body somatotype" theory have anything to do with the Eat Right for your Blood Type diet. Perhaps you might want to create a new thread to extoll the virtues of your latest favorite fad.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 04-10-2011 at 07:02 PM..

Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 PM

I first read about the blood type theory in a book called The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates. She lived in Japan for a while and comments in this article that the Japanese have studied blood type for 60 years. She has a lot of insight on the subject, and is not in any way connected to Peter D'Adamo:

The Links between Your Blood Type and Your Personality, Diet and More Explained

What Does Your Blood Type Have to Do with Your Health and the Food that You Eat?

Old 04-23-2011, 06:03 PM

Donna Gates has NO medical credentials at all. Studying alternative medicine, and going to Japan, does not make her an expert on anything. She does, however, sell her own brand of products on the website. In other words, the only reason she claims what she claims, is to convince suckers to give her money for stuff that might - or might not - do any good at all.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:57 PM

The American Medical establishment has little to say about diet, health & wellness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Donna Gates has NO medical credentials at all. Studying alternative medicine, and going to Japan, does not make her an expert on anything. She does, however, sell her own brand of products on the website. In other words, the only reason she claims what she claims, is to convince suckers to give her money for stuff that might - or might not - do any good at all.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-20-2020 at 04:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss