Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,494 times

Advertisements

My sister had a baby 4 months ago, and she was so happy all the time. But now she is worried about how to keep figure as before? Then I look up lots of information. Several ideas prove effective. First, have a delicious breakfast in the morning, eat enough for lunches and eat the fewer the better for suppers; second, stick to do some regular exercises in mornings and evenings, and remember evening fitness is more important; what’s more, kick the habit of eating sugar-made food, or the fat will be increasing faster than before. My sister just did what I told her and she looks better now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 05:49 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,085,984 times
Yes, and remind her that it took her 9 months to gain the weight, so she should not get stressed if it takes that long (or longer) to come off.

Is she nursing her baby? If so, some women retain some of the extra weight until they are done nursing. Once she is done nursing it may come off a little easier.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:59 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,977,781 times
If its only 4 months after giving birth, a woman shouldnt worry too much. Also, if a woman is nursing, I would suggest NOT cutting back on her eating. She should instead eat very very well but only eat healthy foods. When she's done breast feeding, that is when she should really drop the daily amount of calories she takes in. But while she's breast feeding, she NEEDS to eat. While she's doing this, she should start doing some type of exercise.

If she's still at home with the baby, she can fit in two exercise sessions per day (during the baby's naps). It could be doing basic yoga routines from YouTube, tabata sessions or exercises with dumbbells.

I would place greater importance on morning workouts instead of evening workouts though.

My wife who is over 30 years old 5' 2" tall ballooned up to about 160 pounds or so after giving birth. As soon as she was able to exercise again (c-section) she started with yoga then worked in some other exercise. In no time at all, she was back to her normal 125 pounds. And this is her second child.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:21 AM

37,125 posts, read 41,324,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
If its only 4 months after giving birth, a woman shouldnt worry too much. Also, if a woman is nursing, I would suggest NOT cutting back on her eating. She should instead eat very very well but only eat healthy foods. When she's done breast feeding, that is when she should really drop the daily amount of calories she takes in. But while she's breast feeding, she NEEDS to eat. While she's doing this, she should start doing some type of exercise.

If she's still at home with the baby, she can fit in two exercise sessions per day (during the baby's naps). It could be doing basic yoga routines from YouTube, tabata sessions or exercises with dumbbells.

I would place greater importance on morning workouts instead of evening workouts though.

My wife who is over 30 years old 5' 2" tall ballooned up to about 160 pounds or so after giving birth. As soon as she was able to exercise again (c-section) she started with yoga then worked in some other exercise. In no time at all, she was back to her normal 125 pounds. And this is her second child.
As usual, Lao's advice is very sound.

Breast feeding one baby requires about 500 extra calories per day. Nursing moms should probably take in no less than about 1800 calories per day.
You can limit high fat and sugary snacks safely. Choose things like carrot sticks or an apple instead.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:41 PM

17,412 posts, read 16,574,230 times
With my first, I just popped him in the stroller and walked it off - pushing a stroller uphill is very good exercise. I also watched my caloric intake and did some strength training. He was older than 4 months, though. He was probably closer to a year and had been sleeping through the night for a while.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:33 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,288,675 times
Jennifer Lopez & Giselle lost the baby weight on something called the Dukan Diet.....it hits bookstores mid April.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,448,481 times
The babies/pregnancies in and of themselves did not make me fat.
The incredible stress and hurry (requiring crazy amounts of comfort foods) that followed their birth made me fat.

I piled up about 30-35 lbs over the past five years which I am now finally trying to get rid of. In the Fall, when I will have 3-4 hours when both of them will be in pre-school/school - it will be Heaven, and those hours will hopefully be put to good recovery use.

18 lbs are already gone, but I've got 17 more to go; and the latter half is always a B**ch.

The key is to minimize stress. Good luck with that.
Unless, of course, the children are in daycare most of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss