Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,180,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Props are to be given to the FDA for coming out and saying what I and many others here have been saying for years - HCG is a Scam. A Fraud. Useless. A Sham. A joke.

HCG weight-loss products are fraudulent, FDA says - USATODAY.com

Thank you MaTheBanker for bringing this to our attention.

Hopefully there will be no more "Where can I get HCG?" threads now.
HCG drops are useless and all the weight that is lost is lost due to calorie restriction. That having been said, while I do not know if HCG shots are safe (my gut instinct is to say that they are not, since HCG is a hormone and shooting hormones into your body is never a good thing), but I do know that injected HCG is effective. Dangerous, maybe - but effective. I have taken HCG shots in the past with good results, but I would never do that again.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 12:17 PM

14 posts, read 62,993 times
Really can not afford a personal trainer. One income family, I homeschool. Would be nice though. Actually years ago I did hire a personal trainer, before homeschooling - before kids, and didn't lose a single pound.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,531 times
I do agree that HCG are worthless but the FDA saying so doesn't make it true. The FDA is one of the most corrupt and self serving agencies in existence. Think for yourselves.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:52 AM

37,184 posts, read 41,398,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
HCG drops are useless and all the weight that is lost is lost due to calorie restriction. That having been said, while I do not know if HCG shots are safe (my gut instinct is to say that they are not, since HCG is a hormone and shooting hormones into your body is never a good thing), but I do know that injected HCG is effective. Dangerous, maybe - but effective. I have taken HCG shots in the past with good results, but I would never do that again.

20yrsinBranson

HCG in any form, including injections, is ineffective for losing weight. It is an expensive placebo. Any weight loss is due to the extreme calorie restriction.

The only legitimate use for HCG is for some women who have ovulation problems who are trying to get pregnant. In the doses used for that, there can be sometimes serious side effects. At the doses proposed for weight loss, it is probably not going to do anything dangerous. Worthless waste of money, but harmless.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:30 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,262,559 times
Great thread..I had a friend who asked me about getting this and everything I found online stated this is not something she would have wanted in her system. It's true people want quick fixes but anything worth having requires work!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:11 AM

2 posts, read 8,162 times
Maybe this sounds stupid but try to understand my point of view.what IS healthy? I'm 23 years old I quit eating out quit smoking, quit drinking, drink nothing but water go to the gym 3 times or more a week and am not loosing at all what am I doing wrong? What is healthy is it no carbs,low carbs, low calories, low fat, vegan, atkin ...feeling frustrated an hopeless...

Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,837,185 times
What is healthy for you, might not be healthy for someone else. Make an appointment with your doctor and ask him for a consultation with a nutritionist.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:29 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,293,205 times
Sure it's probably a scam. Howvever, there are a ton of You Tube video testimonials. What's up with that?

Old 05-20-2011, 10:41 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,584,093 times
"So all those thousands and thousands of people who start Weight Watchers and FAIL, is it the program that failed? Or did you fail yourself? "

My wife, who is doing well on WW now, was on it about 10 years ago. She lost weight on it. Then she got into a tussle with them about payments (they didnt give her credit for some payment or other, I forget the details) She dropped out, and not only stopped tracking, but didnt even look at a scale for years.

Of course she gained weight.

IMO the biggest WW failures are A - folks who drop out cause of the $$, convenience, etc (and that IS a program failure - affordability is part of the sustainability of a program, IMO) and B. Folks who dont really keep it while they are on it

Im sure there are a few folks who dont lose even while really keeping it, but I see no evidence its very many.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:56 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,989,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
Not sayigyour is the case but sometime sugar pils get results in people too. Tat is why they do studies over long periods using such pills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss