U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:25 PM

29 posts, read 37,468 times

Advertisements

Put your foot down. If you don't want to eat until around 3 then don't. He may get his feelings hurt but, wah! He's a big boy. He'll get over it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 PM

18,847 posts, read 34,031,257 times
Wow, he sounds like a great guy. In my family, turning down food prepared, was huge, it became "if you loved me you would eat it" mentality, which sounds like your husband has. I am wondering why he fixes all the food? Why don't you? If you prepare his food, and yours, you don't hurt his feelings by not eating what he made for you, and you can eat your single poached egg, while he eats the pancakes, sausage, eggs, toast, bacon, oatmeal, juice, that you prepared for him. Same with lunch, you take charge of the cooking, and make his giant sandwiches, salads, cookies, whatever, and have a small protein shake. Sit with him, eat your salad, no big deal?

Old 08-14-2011, 02:59 PM

2,419 posts, read 3,250,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
He really is doing it to be kind and loving. In his family meal times are 'SACRED', I mean it is this HUGE, HUGE ritual every morning. People get up EARLY just so they can have this breakfast experience. When I met my dh I though he was just weird (because, well, he is a little weird), but then the first time I went to his parents' house... it was like some kind of surreal experience. And to really put icing on the cake, lunch was exactly the same. It was like a religious experience. (BTW nobody in his family is obese despite this).

No wonder, when I met dh he must have though there was something desperately wrong with ME because, not only did I not make a big production out of every meal but I didn't even eat breakfast and lunch.

Truly, he feels like he is doing me a huge favor by feeding me. And to a certain extent I have eaten BETTER since during the 10 years that we have been married than I ever was before - nutrition wise.

Previously, I had been working and I could actually throw away the lunch he lovingly packed for me every day without him knowing it. But now we are working together and I cannot get away with this any longer. To make matters worse our schedule is very demanding and we can't eat dinner before 10 pm at night, so that is even fewer calories I can burn off before I go to bed. Because of this he has taken to packing extra food so that we can "munch" during the entire day, in addition, of course to a big breakfast. Because of our demanding schedule dh is losing weight!

I don't mean to make him sound like a food ogre, but it's getting increasingly difficult to deal with.

20yrsinBranson
is he from India by any chance?

Old 08-14-2011, 03:20 PM

2,350 posts, read 3,147,103 times
Well he speaks English doesn't he?

tell him "I love what you do for me, but I'm just not sure my health can take this, To be honest I've mostly been eating out of apprechiation of that you are showing your love for me, and I know how much you care about this, which is why I haven't said anything earlier, but this thing with the food has to change a bit. I'm just not built for the same brunchin' an' munchin' as you are, and my body simply can't handle all of it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss