Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:58 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,291,760 times

Advertisements

My family on both sides has blood type O. Family diseases include asthma, digmestive problems, depression,allergies, stroke, obesity/Syndrome X & congestive heart failure. All exacerbated by inflammation due to carbs & problems with dairy & wheat. There is no history of cancer on either side whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
LOL!!!!!!!

As I've said on here repeatedly, Lao would absolutely maul you in any debate about health and fitness. You're not a tenth as smart as you seem to think you are and I guarantee you that when Lao read the book, he did more research and verification than you and the other mindless drones who lapped it up.

W-R-O-N-G

D'Adamo isa quack preying on the legions of idiots who refuse to educate themselves about these matters and don't see the ridiculous unscientific conclusions he tries to sell.

I posted this excerpt is another thread you started about this garbage and rather than stay and try to defend your diet you took the cowards way out of deleting the thread and acting like it never happened.

Well, you can't delete this thread, so I'm going to post it here again so everyone can see what garbage this is. YOU might be too brainwashed to get it, but others won't be.

Congratulations! You're a member of a cult. You're no different than the Branch Davidians who died in Waco, Texas for an idiot named David Koresh.

Last edited by lemon&lime; 05-27-2011 at 09:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 09:12 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,581,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwyre237 View Post
As long as we can all agree that people should limit simple carbs in every situation as much as possible I'm fine.
I dont even know I would say that. If someone has normal blood sugar, and normal weight, I don't know they need to particularly limit simple carbs. As long as they got enough complex carbs, fiber, nutrients, etc.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
My feeling is, as long as you know what goes into your food, and you'd eat that on its own.. its fine to eat
I wouldnt eat salt on its own. Or vinegar. They complement other foods.

Ditto for an artifical preservative. No need for it without the food its preserving.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:41 AM

420 posts, read 1,371,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
I wouldnt eat salt on its own. Or vinegar. They complement other foods.

Ditto for an artifical preservative. No need for it without the food its preserving.
ha, alright, now you're nitpicking. We do use salt and vinegar in everday life...

to the other post, agreed, no everyone needs to worry as much about simple carbs, but they are in the minority

Old 05-27-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
ha, alright, now you're nitpicking. We do use salt and vinegar in everday life...

to the other post, agreed, no everyone needs to worry as much about simple carbs, but they are in the minority

are normal weight people with normal blood sugar really in a minority? I dunno, honestly.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I use sucralose in every day life.

I sound like im nitpicking sorry. I just think the whole Wescott price/michael Pollan/whole foods thing, is quite illogical. Picking nits is the best way I can think of to show the illogic. It sounds good - of course - thats my point, its all rhetoric.

Eat what your grandma considered food makes us all think of nice old ladies, gingham table clothes, muffins in the oven and stew on the stove.

Not folks in tenements dying of TB. or the famous shtetl song about eating potatoes EVERY day - but shabbos. I am not saying you have to go back to that cause you dont eat artificial coloring say. I AM saying that if someone wants me to avoid all foods with artificial coloring or preservatives- well I want evidence, not rhetoric. Not references to a non-existent American paradox, or out of date complaints about stick margarine, either.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,830,544 times
Actually, the more I hear from L&M about the Genotype diet, and the Dukan diet, and the Eat Right For Your Bloodtype diet, the more I am convinced that all three of them are bogus and only idiots and desperate people who need to crash-diet for a couple of weeks would waste their time or money on any of them.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:16 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,291,760 times
Of course that is your attitude. You regularly have 20+ pounds to lose & clearly don't understand nutrition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Actually, the more I hear from L&M about the Genotype diet, and the Dukan diet, and the Eat Right For Your Bloodtype diet, the more I am convinced that all three of them are bogus and only idiots and desperate people who need to crash-diet for a couple of weeks would waste their time or money on any of them.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:19 AM

21 posts, read 20,221 times
My philosophy is that food is fuel for the human machine. I need a high intake on calories because I'm a gas guzzler.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:35 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,830,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Of course that is your attitude. You regularly have 20+ pounds to lose & clearly don't understand nutrition.
I had 40 pounds to lose, and up until that point, had made no attempt to maintain a healthy weight. Now, I have only 32 pounds to lose, after a couple of months of trying. Without genotype, without blood type, without low carb, without spending much effort counting calories. Clearly, the only thing about nutrition you know, is what the fad diet books tell you. You have no - zero - understanding of nutrition from a valid, actual, scientific, proven medical standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss