Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times

Advertisements

I take it you don't know what 9,4,4 is? Fat is the 9 in that set of numbers, as in 9 calories per gram as opposed to 4 for both proteins and carbs. You get more than double the calories from the exact same serving size, which is NOT a good thing at all; ergo the oxymoron that is good fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I have lost 5 lbs in the past month & 30 lbs since last sept. I can feel the difference but i have a ways to go. I cut out drinking alot of sodas (cokes) & snacking all day. I also walk alot until i break a sweat. It feels good to get back into my old jeans. If i can do it anyone can do it. Good-luck.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:05 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I have lost 5 lbs in the past month & 30 lbs since last sept. I can feel the difference but i have a ways to go. I cut out drinking alot of sodas (cokes) & snacking all day. I also walk alot until i break a sweat. It feels good to get back into my old jeans. If i can do it anyone can do it. Good-luck.
That's wonderful about the 30 lbs weight loss and the other weight loss stories I have read here.

It almost seems as if its easier to lose weight when you have a lot to lose. With me, all my excess fat is in my breasts and stomach and apparently losing belly fat is the hardest. Everything is pretty toned with muscle definition. But the belly remains.

I did run 6 miles this weekend and 2.5 yesterday. Planning another 2.5 tonight.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:47 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
There was an interesting story on yahoo today about the impact diet drinks have on belly fat. It wasn't good. You might want to try cutting those out and drinking water instead to see if it makes a difference.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 AM

Losing weight is tough cause i have a sweet tooth but ill try to control myself somehow.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:54 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Well on the severe low carb diet i'm on, they recommend a hearty breakfast. It's working for me. Hard to find fault with a diet where you lose 3 pounds a week consistently but are never hungry.
I did Zone nutrition daily for a decade. It takes intense willpower and complicated planning to get up every day and make a protein and low carb breakfast to "get to the Zone". If you manage to push your insulin down which I did for years you're good to go. But I noticed as years went on that it didn't seem to work that well.... there are other ways to manage insulin and suggesting breakfast as "the only way" is just pure crap. I bought it for year and that is what it is. He11 no you don't need to eat breakfast.

http://cubedwellerfitness.com/2011/0...ttent-fasting/

Old 06-30-2011, 07:17 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I It takes intense willpower and complicated planning to get up every day and make a protein and low carb breakfast to "get to the Zone". /
It doesn't seem particularly difficult. But I'm a good cook so can put something tasty together pretty fast.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:24 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
No no - the Dukan way is the only way. You must make a Dukan pancake EVERY MORNING FOR BREAKFAST or else you're doing it wrong. L&L did that for 20 years and has been healthy and skinny all this time..you know it's working cause she said it did. For 20 years. With the zone. I mean Dukan. Uhh wait no that's Paleo..and uh - it was only 1 decade. Before that she weighed a whopping 120 pounds. Obese cow...but never again, thanks to the Eat Right for Your IQ Score. Or was that Taubs' Workout Magick...

I'll get back to you.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:50 AM

Exercise (even walking) does help you lose weight but it wont happen over night. I love pizza, subs, burgers, fries, ice cream, pie, candy, etc. Its tough to stay away from temptation but ill try my best.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,564,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I did Zone nutrition daily for a decade. It takes intense willpower and complicated planning to get up every day and make a protein and low carb breakfast to "get to the Zone".
so forget all that zone stuff, just do WW. One WW nf yogurt is 2 points, and is a decent breakfast. A cup of oatmeal is 2 points. Add some fruit for a treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss