Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 08:14 PM

195 posts, read 1,079,413 times

Advertisements

For the past month, no matter what I do except eat like 500 calories a day, I can't lose weight. I eat normally or above normally for a few days to see if it's just a slow metabolism due to not eating much, but I just gain weight. I even totally stopped drinking regular Mountain Dew which I normally drink, but though I gain less weight, I still gain weight drinking diet soda, water and a little juice. I'm 28(I did not recently turn 28) and about 5'5, I suppose I weighed about 129 maybe before this. Usually eating a little less or switching to drinking diet soda, and water, and juice, have fixed any weight gain issues in the past. At first stopping the Mountain Dew helped, but then I had to drink it for a few days around Christmas, and after I switched to drinking the diet soda and water and juice, I still kept on gaining weight, more weight than in a long, long, time while eating VERY little. The only thing that stops it is virtual fasting. But I worry that is just slowing my metabolism even more. Should I try just drinking water? I gain a lot of weight eating anything close to normal, above 1,000 calories, I guess. I don't know if I should go back to eating less or eat more/normally and hope my body will eventually right itself. It's gotten especially bad in the past 2 weeks. I ate very little over the holidays. I just want my normal body back, I must have gained 5 pounds or more and I feel awful. I'm very down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 10:30 PM

94 posts, read 160,576 times
It sounds good that you have stopped to drink Mountain Dew, it seems you are trying your best to loss your weight. I have also tried so much things just like you and my gym trainer suggest me some diet and exercises with supplements which are helpful for me, so you should also share your problem to a gym trainer.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:49 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,232,959 times
Did you check your thyroid? That would be my first guess.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:07 AM

33 posts, read 46,326 times
The details you described really look good for weight loss. But according to me not only maintaining diet will help you but you must start doing exercises and use some good supplements for weight loss.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:20 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,831,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer grace View Post
For the past month, no matter what I do except eat like 500 calories a day, I can't lose weight. I eat normally or above normally for a few days to see if it's just a slow metabolism due to not eating much, but I just gain weight. I even totally stopped drinking regular Mountain Dew which I normally drink, but though I gain less weight, I still gain weight drinking diet soda, water and a little juice. I'm 28(I did not recently turn 28) and about 5'5, I suppose I weighed about 129 maybe before this. Usually eating a little less or switching to drinking diet soda, and water, and juice, have fixed any weight gain issues in the past. At first stopping the Mountain Dew helped, but then I had to drink it for a few days around Christmas, and after I switched to drinking the diet soda and water and juice, I still kept on gaining weight, more weight than in a long, long, time while eating VERY little. The only thing that stops it is virtual fasting. But I worry that is just slowing my metabolism even more. Should I try just drinking water? I gain a lot of weight eating anything close to normal, above 1,000 calories, I guess. I don't know if I should go back to eating less or eat more/normally and hope my body will eventually right itself. It's gotten especially bad in the past 2 weeks. I ate very little over the holidays. I just want my normal body back, I must have gained 5 pounds or more and I feel awful. I'm very down.
I think you should learn about nutrition. I also think you need to write down every single thing you eat.
You really need to ditch the soda, diet or otherwise. Also get rid of juice. Drink water instead.
Eat real foods not prepackaged. You should be eating 1500 calories a day and exercising. If there is not something medially wrong with you will lose weight. Do not starve yourself unless it is a planned fasting (like intermittent fasting) because you are harming your metabolism.
Again, learn about nutrition.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,532,257 times
You are on a journey with no map, you don't know where to go or how to get there. First of all, when you drop below the calories you need for your basic metabolic rate, your body goes into survival mode and it will try to hang onto every ounce that it can. When you restrict then turn around and take in more calories you're telling your body that food supply is getting scarce or irregular and evolution has built in genes that tell it to immediately store it for later. So, your approach is wrong. I would suggest finding or learning about proper nutritional control, like many others here have suggested. What you are doing now is dangerous.

Good Luck

Old 01-17-2015, 07:42 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,814,083 times
And don't take supplements unless you're diagnosed with a deficiency, other than perhaps an ordinary mundane daily multivitamin. Considering that most people are a bit low in vitamin D3, it might benefit you to take a modest dose of that once a day, at least during seasons when you have little exposure to the sun.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:43 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,565,167 times
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? It sounds like you're struggling over 5 lbs. Five lbs. is not really a lot. But if you think you are doing everything right, then I would see a doctor and see why whatever you're doing is not working. But if you weigh like 120 and are upset because you're 125, then I don't know, maybe you have your expectations set too high.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:13 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,565,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcieForde View Post
Hi! I also have trouble losing weight but found Plexus recently. I haven't had any pop in 8 weeks and I've lost 6lbs and 17 inches! Plexus is all natural and it's not a shake or meal replacement or special foods. It's really really easy. I just eat normal foods and I don't calorie count. I also haven't found time to work out but am hoping to work it into my daily routine soon. Please let me know if you would like more info! I'd love to share!
Looked up Plexus and almost wonder if it's a joke, so cliché, typical MLM, looks like knock off of Herbalife. And it's called Plexus Worldwide, saw that and thought of Step Brothers, lol. Theirs was Prestige Worldwide.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:50 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,817,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Pennington View Post
The details you described really look good for weight loss. But according to me not only maintaining diet will help you but you must start doing exercises and use some good supplements for weight loss.
No way am I clicking on that link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss