Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,853,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
reduce the caloric intake, but more importantly, you need to cut the carbohydrates (aka sugar). You'll have a flat stomach in 8 weeks.
Maybe, maybe not. Some people will never have a flat stomach and that is due to body shape and genetics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 02:51 AM

6 posts, read 8,359 times
There are many way lose your weight.But this way weight loss enables people to take part in more events involving physical activity or exercise,which in turn help the body to burn more calories.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,279,038 times
Discovered a nice trick this morning...for the past 3 weeks, I have been eating a Lone sandwhich for lunch, usually turkey, lettus, and cucumber with a spoon full of mayo (non fat, 10 calories). Problem was I never really felt that satisfied with this. Charles Barkley of all people mentioned that he added alfalfa sprouts to his meals...since CB looks so great, I thought what the heck. What a freaken difference, the sprouts add about 7 calories, but it feels like Im eating about twice as much. Part of the battle for folks like me is the need to feel satisfied with the meal..or I crave more food. Feeling a little full is such a great feeling. Usually I only allow myself to feel full on the morning meal, then I try and eat slowly for lunch and dinner (except for once a week when I pig out all darn day), so its nice to be able to feel satisfied at least twice a day now. Turns out sprouts make you look younger...at least thats what the folks that make their living making the stuff say. Take that with the grain of salt.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,853,295 times
Be careful with sprouts. They are known carriers of salmonella and e. coli. I used to love them but I stopped using them a long time ago because of this.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Be careful with sprouts. They are known carriers of salmonella and e. coli. I used to love them but I stopped using them a long time ago because of this.
Thanks Ill look into it

Old 03-06-2012, 03:24 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,558,561 times
wow, thanks for all the great advice, people! I will definetely take them in count, for my diet and workout!

I weigh myself yesterday and i still no loss, BUT, theres an upside to it, and the other day just out of curiosity, i searched in my closet for THE JEAN, that is, a jean i bought back in 2008 before i gain weight, and could almost never used again. It was neatly kept in my closet for years and, from time to time, i would try it, only to prove it didnt fit me AT ALL, lol. That jean is like 2 to 3 sizes less than jeans i use now.

Anyways, so i tried my pair of THE JEANS and i couldnt believe it that they almost fit! I mean, they fit, only that i couldnt close the last button. This is the best this jeans have fitted me in the last 4 years. So i guess, eventhough i didnt lose almost any weight, the diet and workout made me loss a couple of sizes of jeans. Is that even possible??

Old 03-07-2012, 10:14 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,990,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Anyways, so i tried my pair of THE JEANS and i couldnt believe it that they almost fit! I mean, they fit, only that i couldnt close the last button. This is the best this jeans have fitted me in the last 4 years. So i guess, eventhough i didnt lose almost any weight, the diet and workout made me loss a couple of sizes of jeans. Is that even possible??
Absolutely. Be sure to take measurements. You can lose inches and not change or even gain according to the scale.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Absolutely. Be sure to take measurements. You can lose inches and not change or even gain according to the scale.
ha ha, so true...some weeks I notch another hole on my belt, but notice that I have barely lost anything. Probably put on muscle and lost fat, and other weeks, I will lose 2.5 pounds, but the belt will remain in the same postion it was before. This could be sooo many different things. Its easier to look at the progress after a month, Im usually thinner and lighter. I used to look every day, but that was so self defeating, now I only check out the scale once a week.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,869,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
wow, thanks for all the great advice, people! I will definetely take them in count, for my diet and workout!

I weigh myself yesterday and i still no loss, BUT, theres an upside to it, and the other day just out of curiosity, i searched in my closet for THE JEAN, that is, a jean i bought back in 2008 before i gain weight, and could almost never used again. It was neatly kept in my closet for years and, from time to time, i would try it, only to prove it didnt fit me AT ALL, lol. That jean is like 2 to 3 sizes less than jeans i use now.

Yes it's absolutely possible. Your body changes -shape- when you exercise regularly. The weight is distributed differently when you lose fat and gain muscle.

You might also want to check your scale, maybe it needs to be recalibrated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss