Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,834,493 times

Advertisements

This is the dumbest diet I have seen in a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,361,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
What do you think of this new diet.....you get a tube put down your nose and liquids are used to stave off hunger and provide 200 calories. You are allowed to drink black tea, coffee and drink water. You stay on the diet for 10 days at a time....carry your 'bag' of liquid nutrition around with you.

Whilst off the diet you eat low fat, normal food.

You can lose 10 - 14 lbs a time with this time.

The tube looks odd, especially in the office.....but small price to pay for weight loss. Better than a surgical approach. What do you think?
I think you need to stop getting health advice from The Onion

Wouldn't it just be easier to eat better and exercise more?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,724,314 times
Ugh...no....I think its called a feeding tube. It just makes me think of cancer patients, sick g.i. patients and people in recovery from eating disorders.

But the main problem is that it doesn't teach you how to eat properly. Even if you had zero complications which is highly unlikely, you have no idea how to eat correctly for your new weight. Also VLC diets do slow the metabolism. So your weight will go on a lot faster after your liquid feeding is over.

I do however think its safer than GP or the band. Its basically the same thing without surgery.
BUT with the surgery you have to learn to eat properly or you get violently ill. Refeeding from a tube can also make you ill but you wont rip at your surgery if you vomit.

I think if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you can't rely on tricks alone.

Have you tried any other methods for weight loss OP?

There is no "price to pay" for weight loss. Learning how to take care of your body is a journey and gift to yourself.
Not a punishment. It should be something you enjoy and embrace.
If you think cutting your calories down by 1500+ (this posted method) vs.500(normal diet cut) is easier...lol
ITS NOT.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 PM

14,569 posts, read 23,098,355 times
So it's basically a protein sparing, modified fast diet...administered through the nose? Why not just drink some casein protein shakes instead of being cute with it?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
Ugh. I've had to have nasal feeding tubes a few times due to medical problems.... it's not fun.

Why would anyone want to subject themselves to it unless it's a last resort?

Old 03-10-2012, 05:36 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,063,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ugh. I've had to have nasal feeding tubes a few times due to medical problems.... it's not fun.

Why would anyone want to subject themselves to it unless it's a last resort?

Why? Because they are lazy. They are too lazy to commit to making the changes they need to make in order to lose weight. They are too lazy to get up their butts and MOVE.

These are same ppl who eat tapeworm eggs, will inject themselves with who knows what, drink every powder and shake all with the promise to drop a pound or two. They are lazy, lazy ppl who want a quick fix at any cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss