Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:03 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times

Advertisements

What do you think of this new diet.....you get a tube put down your nose and liquids are used to stave off hunger and provide 200 calories. You are allowed to drink black tea, coffee and drink water. You stay on the diet for 10 days at a time....carry your 'bag' of liquid nutrition around with you.

Whilst off the diet you eat low fat, normal food.

You can lose 10 - 14 lbs a time with this time.

The tube looks odd, especially in the office.....but small price to pay for weight loss. Better than a surgical approach. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,914 times
My first question is are you serious?? If so, absolutely not. That is not healthy. There are much better ways to lose weight. Nutrition + Fitness + Support = weight loss success. I wouldn't do anything that I could not maintain for a lifetime.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM

428 posts, read 487,257 times
Sounds like another fad diet where people lose fast weight through extreme willpower, but then gain it back when the diet ends or their willpower takes a deuce.

I wonder if Dr. Oz will be endorsing it on his show.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
the ideas are getting crazier by the minute! What do you think of this idea? Honestly whats your opinion Jenna? And you can be honest I am not trying to intimidate anyone.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:19 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Well folks this is not a new "diet". It is a long-time *MD-ordered* route of nutrition most often given to hospital patients who are critically ill, have cancer, oral surgery/tracheostomy; or are disabled so that eating/drinking by mouth is not possible.

Is this being supported by the medical community? Inserting a tube through the nose or mouth can have devastating results! If not properly placed, say it goes into a lung instead of down the alimentary canal, you are dumping that fluid into your LUNGs.

Medical methods are necessary to check for proper placement: an xray or at least confirmation by stethoscope! Damage to the nasal cavities and/or throat is possible as well.

I hope you mean this is done under the care of a physician, but even then... I personally would not try it. There are less invasive means of weight loss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
What do you think of this new diet.....you get a tube put down your nose and liquids are used to stave off hunger and provide 200 calories. You are allowed to drink black tea, coffee and drink water. You stay on the diet for 10 days at a time....carry your 'bag' of liquid nutrition around with you.

The tube looks odd, especially in the office.....but small price to pay for weight loss. Better than a surgical approach. What do you think?

Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:

I think you should try it first, and get back to us and let us know how it went. Don't forget though - pics with you with the tube up your nose, or it didn't happen

Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
This sounds crazy to me and I would never go to that extreme. I hope you are under a doctors care when you do this.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I do not think that this is a new diet. I remember reading about it in a celebrity magazine when I was still in high school (the sixties) . I seem to recall that Aristotle Onassis' daughter Christina tried something like this. She died of a heart attack when she was only about 35.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
New Diet: Controlled Starvation with the Ketogenic Enteral Nutrition Diet - Softpedia

So far it seems to be confined to the UK. I have yet to see anything about it in the US or elsewhere.

It's also used in the management of epilepsy.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:

That's not healthy whatsoever. Whoever invented that is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss