Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,854,243 times

Advertisements

I have two sweet teeth. One is sort of a chocolate/pudding/creamy sweet tooth and the other craves something cakey like a cookie. To sate my creamy sweet tooth I'll usually make a frozen berry smoothie with cottage cheese and a little fat free chocolate pudding mix for flavoring. Surprisingly delicious.

I literally have no idea how to calm my cake/cookie sweet tooth though! What healthy foods do you eat to sate whatever sweet tooth you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM

399 posts, read 705,978 times
I drink lots of water. That helps keep me full and staying busy doing something.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,298,392 times
A sliced up apple and one of those little cups of carmel to dip it in. Or pretzels dipped in chocolate suryp. Both are crunchy sweet!

Old 08-30-2012, 04:33 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,073,658 times
A wedge of pineapple. I actually slice a small wedge of pineapple cutting it into 1 inch thin pieces - I add this to salads to make up for the fact that I don't use dressing - it is amazing how delicious this is and I feel like I've had a good salad with no added fat and I don't need dessert. When I ate dairy products I would buy some Fage Green Yogurt - 2% fat, add some almond and vanilla extract and a little stevia, sprinkle with a couple chopped pecans - my yogurt parfait - really good.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,830,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I have two sweet teeth. One is sort of a chocolate/pudding/creamy sweet tooth and the other craves something cakey like a cookie. To sate my creamy sweet tooth I'll usually make a frozen berry smoothie with cottage cheese and a little fat free chocolate pudding mix for flavoring. Surprisingly delicious.

I literally have no idea how to calm my cake/cookie sweet tooth though! What healthy foods do you eat to sate whatever sweet tooth you have?
When my cookie-tooth itches, I scratch it with 4-5 italian meltaway cookies (they're very small but very rich). I walk down to the bakery and buy them, and eat 2 on the way back home. I eat the other two or three after dinner.

I get the itch maybe once every other month. That itch alternates with my ice cream itch, which I satisfy by taking three days to consume a single pint of Coffee Heath Bar Crunch the "other" other month.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times
I have greek yogurt with a spoon of jam when I want something creamy. (This is pretty much a 4 day a week dessert for me)

If I want a cookie or cake, I just go for it. (It isn't super often)

But you could always have angel food cake with a bit of nutella to be healthier. You could create a mini layer cake with angel food, nutella and some raspberries or something.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
I have finally broken my life long addiction to starches and sugary carbs. However, I think most of us know the feeling of occasionally wanting something sweet to eat.

I keep fruit on hand. I also make and freeze yogurt lightly sweetened with honey - it tastes fantastic frozen, like ice cream!

I keep gingersnaps in the house and if I really want a crunchy snack, I'll eat two of them. That seems to do the trick, and they are not a very fattening type of cookie.

Also, I've found that my biggest temptation is to eat something while I'm watching a movie. This used to be something fattening - like lots of buttery popcorn. Now I have those big round suckers and I eat one of them. It lasts over an hour, and it's zero fat and less than 50 calories. Sure, it's useless, empty, refined sugar but hey, it works!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:14 AM

19 posts, read 64,542 times
Good ol' sweet tooth.

I have very small pieces of the sweets I like (like little dove chocolates filled with caramel), or little brownies individually wrapped (little!). And I allow myself 1 after my supper. But that involves self control to not grab another one. Keep them in a inconvenient location. Grab just one, put them back in the inconvenient location, go to the table, sit down, eat it and enjoy that one bite of tasty goodness. Then go brush your teeth so you are done for the night

Old 08-31-2012, 10:13 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,836,631 times
I like fruit popsicles in the summertime. They satisfy my sweet tooth and have hardly any calories.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:20 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,833,596 times
3-4 dark chocolate covered blueberries. Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss