Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 02:53 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,085,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If I'm healthy at that physique then "I won't want to gain weight."

There, does that work for you?

No. It doesn't. You obviously missed the point, something I've come to expect from you.

My dd is pefectly healthy, but she'd like to put some weight. She's not comfortable being 104 lbs..there, does that work for you?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,886,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I do participate in MMA and sometimes I train/spar against guys a lot bigger and stronger than me.
I just like to challenge my body, experiment with it, see what works and not work.
its a scientific thing before its a cosmetic thing.
Sounds good and interesting to me.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
My dd is pefectly healthy
She's not comfortable being 104 lbs.
What does "not comfortable" mean? Physically or psychologically?

How much TV does she watch?

Does she (or her mom) read any of these magazines: Glamour, Style, Vogue, Elle, Style Watch, Cosmopolitan, Cleo?

Old 11-06-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
What does "not comfortable" mean? Physically or psychologically?

How much TV does she watch?

Does she (or her mom) read any of these magazines: Glamour, Style, Vogue, Elle, Style Watch, Cosmopolitan, Cleo?
You trying being 104 lbs and 5'9 and then come back and answer your first question.

She has very little body fat which means she's colder than other ppl, it's a pain in the ass trying to find clothes that fit her properly, she hates being questioned by people about how much or how little she eats. The funny thing is they'd be shocked to see just how much she eats in a day.

As for the mags you mentioned... no, I dont' read them and I didn't/dont' allow my girls to read them.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
You trying being 104 lbs and 5'9 and then come back and answer your first question.

She has very little body fat which means she's colder than other ppl, it's a pain in the ass trying to find clothes that fit her properly, she hates being questioned by people about how much or how little she eats. The funny thing is they'd be shocked to see just how much she eats in a day.

That's pretty interesting.

I thought the only reason people were thin is because they made the "wisest eating decisions".

Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
That's pretty interesting.

I thought the only reason people were thin is because they made the "wisest eating decisions".
Now you're getting it! Thin ppl do make better choices when it comes to their diet. We all know that, even you Chuck, can't deny that diet plays a much larger role than gentics. I wont' deny genes do play a part, but junk food will outweigh genes anyday...literally.

All of my girls are thin. They are also very healthy eaters and they workout. They are not/and were not your typical teenage girls with muffin tops hanging over their jeans and a bottle of pop in their hand. Now, if my girls followed the typical teenage diet of junk food and pop they'd be big as houses as well.

Just remeber, the scale doesn't own you, you have to love yourself no matter how large you are. However, loving yourself isn't going to stop your from getting type 2 diabeties, high blood pressure, clogged arties and etc.......make those better choices, get your weight down and live a longer, healthier life. You can do it, Charles.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
make those better choices, get your weight down and live a longer, healthier life. You can do it, Charles.
I'm in decent shape for a 51 year old guy with a desk job, body fat 19%, swim 2000 yards three times a week at lunch, full court basketball for an hour twice a week at lunch. Pretty much proteins and healthy carbs all day with a cup of ice cream at night. That's it. No alcohol. No smoking. Excellent blood data.
Been working out like this for over 40 years.

But I'm not throwing it in anyone's face either. I'm not fat but not because I am smart or more disciplined. I'm realistic. I'm just lucky.

A lot of fat people work out as much as I do and they're still fat. Are they unhealthy? Maybe. Maybe not.

It might be unhealthier to ruminate about being a little too fat or too thin than it would be to accept being a little underweight or a little overweight. There's a psychological price to pay for deviating to perfection.

You can do it.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,649,089 times
Okay. Made the shake and it taste *drum roll please* ....................................AWESOME! Its not bad at all. Especially if you add some fruit and sugars. Now, lets just see if I end up gaining any weight!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
I'm in decent shape for a 51 year old guy with a desk job, body fat 19%, swim 2000 yards three times a week at lunch, full court basketball for an hour twice a week at lunch. Pretty much proteins and healthy carbs all day with a cup of ice cream at night. That's it. No alcohol. No smoking. Excellent blood data.
Been working out like this for over 40 years.

But I'm not throwing it in anyone's face either. I'm not fat but not because I am smart or more disciplined. I'm realistic. I'm just lucky.

A lot of fat people work out as much as I do and they're still fat. Are they unhealthy? Maybe. Maybe not.

It might be unhealthier to ruminate about being a little too fat or too thin than it would be to accept being a little underweight or a little overweight. There's a psychological price to pay for deviating to perfection.

You can do it.
As for the fat people, they continue to be fat because they eat too much. They are comsuming more than they are burning. Unless they control their eating, they will always be fat.

It's really not that hard to understand and I can see by your need to defend yourself, you take this thread a little too personal. I think you should stop reading fashion magazines.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Okay. Made the shake and it taste *drum roll please* ....................................AWESOME! Its not bad at all. Especially if you add some fruit and sugars. Now, lets just see if I end up gaining any weight!
Can you give us the break down of that shake? Calories? Fat? Protein? Sugars?

Not all shakes are created equal...you want to gain weight in a healthy way..not a "let me eat junk" kind of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss