Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 3,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDman007 View Post
That makes absolutely no sense.

I was overweight by 25-30 pounds, which unfortunately by most people terrible standards is not that much.

I am 5'11" and was 220 and now I weight back to my normal weight of 180-185.
You're the one who referred to yourself as "a fat freakin disgrace"

Quote:
If you re-read my post I am saying takes looks out of it, and it is all about BEING HEALTHY first.
If you re-read my post I am acknowledging your statement and then calling your bluff

Quote:
Looks, confidence, etc comes with being fit.

I do not care how this sounds if you do not kids (guy or girl) more than likely you are are fat because of your own self choices. Genetics play little into people being lazy.

I see how my married friends are growing unattracted to each other as they age and let them selves go.

However when it comes to looks if my wife gained 75-100+ pounds since getting married then how can any reasonable man want to still have sex with their spouse? Same is true vice versa.

People say Love knows no bounds, but screw that cause IMO Love can always stop with extra pounds.
I agree that being fit improves confidence and looks for people, of course there was that whole Star Jones looking like Al Roker after weight loss thing but that was a different story. Anyway, you don't know why your friends grow distant in their marriages anymore than you would understand the reasons a person might let themselves "go" and become lazy, fat, etc. I say that because I don't think another person besides the two people in the marriage fully understand the dynamics and have all of the information. Either way this whole last paragraph appeals to weight loss benefits and purposes for an AESTHETIC purpose. I haven't seen you say "longer life, stable blood pressure, and guarding against diabetes comes with being fit". You can argue back and forth but I called a spade a spade. Your whole reason for being angry was that you thought BBW women had no right to think they were beautiful just because you don't, but your bitterness is clear and obvious and no amount of "oh I'm talking about this for the health benefits" while you make several contradictory statements is going to cover that up.

If you aren't attracted to overweight women, don't date them. No one is forcing you to do so but I don't sit around acting like someone pissed in my wheaties because skinny average looking men with coke bottle glasses classify themselves as handsome. If they see themselves that way then all the power to them. Who cares?? Physical attractiveness is nice to have but sometimes life might need a little more than that out of you. If your husband/wife were horribly disfigured in an auto accident or a house fire, or if they became partially paralyzed etc. Let's not forget the fact that we're all aging and save for that few who can afford cosmetic procedures to prolong the obvious another 10 years. If you don't have it in you to look past the physical then you're not going to understand love that knows no bounds in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,100,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think you are way too focused on other people and how they live their life. You are old enough to understand that looks is not everything. I was much like that when I was 20, but once I met the love of my life life view changed.

Are you doing a lot of online dating using dating websites? My guess you have been deceived more than a few times. Im sorry about that.

But I agree with you that most of us, not all, are what we eat. Kids or not. Some of us have to work harder on our bodies in order to stay thin. But understand that my view of a healthy body might not be the same as yours.

Lastly, beauty is on the eye of the beholder. Do not become a motivational speaker whatever you do.
I agree.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,941,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswife View Post
You're the one who referred to yourself as "a fat freakin disgrace"

If you re-read my post I am acknowledging your statement and then calling your bluff

I agree that being fit improves confidence and looks for people, of course there was that whole Star Jones looking like Al Roker after weight loss thing but that was a different story. Anyway, you don't know why your friends grow distant in their marriages anymore than you would understand the reasons a person might let themselves "go" and become lazy, fat, etc. I say that because I don't think another person besides the two people in the marriage fully understand the dynamics and have all of the information. Either way this whole last paragraph appeals to weight loss benefits and purposes for an AESTHETIC purpose. I haven't seen you say "longer life, stable blood pressure, and guarding against diabetes comes with being fit". You can argue back and forth but I called a spade a spade. Your whole reason for being angry was that you thought BBW women had no right to think they were beautiful just because you don't, but your bitterness is clear and obvious and no amount of "oh I'm talking about this for the health benefits" while you make several contradictory statements is going to cover that up.

If you aren't attracted to overweight women, don't date them. No one is forcing you to do so but I don't sit around acting like someone pissed in my wheaties because skinny average looking men with coke bottle glasses classify themselves as handsome. If they see themselves that way then all the power to them. Who cares?? Physical attractiveness is nice to have but sometimes life might need a little more than that out of you. If your husband/wife were horribly disfigured in an auto accident or a house fire, or if they became partially paralyzed etc. Let's not forget the fact that we're all aging and save for that few who can afford cosmetic procedures to prolong the obvious another 10 years. If you don't have it in you to look past the physical then you're not going to understand love that knows no bounds in the first place.
Dang! This is a great post, kswife!!! Kudos---I wish I could rep you again!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,705,476 times
I've lost a bit of weight recently (mostly due to stress and a last minute cross country move) and I plan on losing a bit more. I would NEVER EVER date or be interested in a man who fat bashes. Period. Many other women I know are the exact same way.

Just keep that in mind when you're ranting about women having the gall to think they're beautiful even though YOU may not agree.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,204,970 times
BBW means they're fat. Period.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,565,029 times
Quote:

but with 66% of the USA population over weight/obese

Also girls I find on a questionnaires, especially online dating sites will classify their body as "average," but most people would say they were over weight. My roommate had a girl co-worker in conversation tell him that she thinks her body is perfectly average, but he was tight lipped in what he wanted to say. He told me she was 100% not average, but over weight.

Has the new definition of the term average now been replaced with over weight? Cause seriously most people when they admit they are just slightly over weight a doctor would actually classify them as obese.

Average: "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."

If 66% of the USA population is overweight/obese, then yes, a slightly to moderately overweight person is "average", pretty much by definition. If half of the population is larger than you, and half the population is heavier than you, you are "average". That's how it works.

So to get upset at someone who says their body is average when it IS average in today's society is illogical. Now if they said they were a healthy weight, when they medically are not, that is another conversation entirely.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,469,858 times
Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense.

I was overweight by 25-30 pounds, which unfortunately by most people terrible standards is not that much.

I am 5'11" and was 220 and now I weight back to my normal weight of 180-185.

If you re-read my post I am saying takes looks out of it, and it is all about BEING HEALTHY first.

Looks, confidence, etc comes with being fit.

I do not care how this sounds if you do not kids (guy or girl) more than likely you are are fat because of your own self choices. Genetics play little into people being lazy.

I see how my married friends are growing unattracted to each other as they age and let them selves go.

However when it comes to looks if my wife gained 75-100+ pounds since getting married then how can any reasonable man want to still have sex with their spouse? Same is true vice versa.

People say Love knows no bounds, but screw that cause IMO Love can always stop with extra pounds.
Quit lying. You do not care about random fat people's health unless it impacts you.

With a lot of people who think like you it's not about the other person getting healthy or fit for their sake. It's all about the perceived benefits that you gain from their lifestyle change.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,775,369 times
What does BBW stand for?

And I don't date Fat women, I want average or slim women and if they have an hourglass figure that's a BIG bonus. They must have a pretty enough face too. They don't have to be a celebrity or model to date me, often times I find pretty enough women everywhere. My only problem is I've been unemployed 4.5 years now so I have no confidence in dating women.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,562,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think you are way too focused on other people and how they live their life. You are old enough to understand that looks is not everything. I was much like that when I was 20, but once I met the love of my life life view changed.

Are you doing a lot of online dating using dating websites? My guess you have been deceived more than a few times. Im sorry about that.

But I agree with you that most of us, not all, are what we eat. Kids or not. Some of us have to work harder on our bodies in order to stay thin. But understand that my view of a healthy body might not be the same as yours.

Lastly, beauty is on the eye of the beholder. Do not become a motivational speaker whatever you do.
you sound too good to be true!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,204,970 times
Is there a similar term for guys....say, GGG...great girth guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss