Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
OP, are these your symptoms? You may just need a good probiotic. I would start with the best you can afford.
I already suggested that - it was actually the very first thought that came to my head when I read the OP's post. But as I also said - the OP should NOT be experimenting with new meds or supplements without first getting a diagnosis.

A primary care physician (a normal regular doctor) is the *first* place to turn to get the ball rolling, and possibly come up with a diagnosis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2M View Post
Go to a doctor, but not the doctor that put you on 4 years of antibotics, he/she doesn't know what they are doing.

Get a full blood tests, ie thyroid, hormones, cholesterol, white blood count (shows any infections),etc, you need to ask for the FULL spectrum as normally they only test for 4-5 things.

Once the results come back follow the doctors orders and also get a printout and take it to a dietitican who can then review and determine what foods that you should be including and taking out of your diet. This will only work if you have the will power though.

Good luck.
There's no reason for full blood tests, if the answer is thrush. You go to a regular primary care physician first. You describe the symptoms. You show the symptoms. You ask about blood tests, and let the doctor determine if it's needed, or if the problem is easily diagnosed and treated without the headache of lab work.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,015 times
After 4 years of antibiotics the suggestion of probiotics is spot on. There is one very important thing that I learned about probiotics that's important when selecting your product. I had been at a health seminar and the speaker said that when taking probiotics you have to take it immediately upon opening your eyes in the morning. If you wait, the probiotics you do take will not make it to the gut where they need to work as the stomach acid will destroy every last one of those good bacteria. So be careful in your selection. It took me a while to find a product that I could use which didn't require me popping pills before I got out of bed.

Your gut flora has been severely disrupted so expect it to take some time to get things sorted out. Once you're back on track, you'll need to stay with the probiotics to keep everything working well. Remember, your health starts in your gut.

If I read your post correctly, you felt better when you went off the refined cabs and sugar. Makes sense to get off that kind of stuff for good, especially, since they have little or no nutritional value.

Wheat may not be your friend so leave the bread and other wheat products alone for a few months and see how you feel.

Also how much good quality protein do you have in your diet? Or for that matter, healthy complex carbs and fiber?

There are a variety of reasons people have difficulty losing weight. They could be hormonal or, metabolic imbalances, insufficient caloric intake, mindset and just plan old poor diet and lack of sufficient exercise.

I hope you get this issue sorted out soon.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Coach_B...just don't eat suger. I experience the same crappy feeling as you do everytime I indulge, I know I will, but sometimes it's hard to resist..I agree with the others that you could use some good probiotics in your diet. Get a good quality plain yogurt with all the probiotics...I also agree with the above post about excluding wheat, the weight just melts off if you cut it out.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:54 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,530,564 times
I've had a white tongue with bumps on it for the past several weeks especially the back of it...i had gone to the ENT regarding my sinus and throat issues and mentioned about it separately to the ENT, but he seem to think it was nothing unusual...it will be another 4 weeks before i visit the ENT again regarding my allergy test..it is now still present. I noticed the tongue smells bad too. Should i give probiotics a try? If so, which over the counter probiotics should i try until i see him again? Therabreath? What about diet? What foods will help mitigate the bumps? I just want to say that i'm not any kind of diet, but did a search here for white tongue,bumps and this was one of the threads that came up. Thanks.

Last edited by JL; 05-05-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss