Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 AM

1,018 posts, read 3,381,802 times

Advertisements

I have completely cut out soda, started to walk everywhere for a month and i have lost 15 pounds and saved gas money. I only drink water and skim milk, and sometimes homemade lemonade without sugar. but i want to drink soda but its too much sugar and calories.

what are other ideas that i can drink and the caloric/sugar intake is to the minnimum? I hate going to a gym and i want to keep this up until i hit a good healthy weight until winter, at least i can have a 20-30 pound buffer for "winter weight gain" and do it over again next summer. i'm 35 pounds overweight when i started so if i loose 55 pounds by winter i will just be barely overweight if i gain back 20-30 pounds by next spring. I have tried and tried to go to a gym in the winter, and i just cant keep myself on a treadmill for more than 1 minute before i got bored, no music/book/tv will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:55 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,424,208 times
Water with a small splash of fruit juice
Water with some berries smashed up in it
Seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice and a little lime juice is very refreshing

They also sell water bottles that have a separate chamber for fruit so the flavor infuses your water without getting the chunks.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:08 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times
What I call "spa water":

Room temp water
Mint leaves
Slices of lemon
Slices of cucumber

You can add ice if you like, but drinking cold water is not good for you. Every Chinese physician, acupuncturist, internal martial artist, and practitioner of eastern medicine says that ice cold water should be avoided. I follow this advice whenever and wherever possible.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:10 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
I use my immersion blender to blend ice into water (and squirt lemon or lime juice in it - sometimes I put cayenne powder in it) - omg, it is so refreshing to drink!

Cold, cold, ice water is just delicious.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:11 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,036 times
All of the ones already listed and un-sweetened iced-teas are also good. I've made ice tea out of hibiscus, sweet-rose, and mango flavored teas. Taste best when served extremely cold.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:50 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
I actually prefer water as my primary drink of choice. At restaurants or when visiting friends who serve tap water, I like it with a squeeze of a lemon or lime wedge, because most tap water has an off-taste, to me. I like my water room temperature though, not ice cold.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,879 times
Mineral water and club soda. If I want something fizzy I grab a Perrier.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:45 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Hibiscus tea, iced, with fresh mint.
Sooo refreshing.

Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea (avainable in most grocery stores) is mostly hibiscus/mint.
Been drinking it for years.

(If you want to sweeten it throw in a little orange juice, but try to get used to it without)

Any iced tea is great.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:47 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
I have completely cut out soda, started to walk everywhere for a month and i have lost 15 pounds and saved gas money. I only drink water and skim milk, and sometimes homemade lemonade without sugar. but i want to drink soda but its too much sugar and calories.

what are other ideas that i can drink and the caloric/sugar intake is to the minnimum? I hate going to a gym and i want to keep this up until i hit a good healthy weight until winter, at least i can have a 20-30 pound buffer for "winter weight gain" and do it over again next summer. i'm 35 pounds overweight when i started so if i loose 55 pounds by winter i will just be barely overweight if i gain back 20-30 pounds by next spring. I have tried and tried to go to a gym in the winter, and i just cant keep myself on a treadmill for more than 1 minute before i got bored, no music/book/tv will do.
If you want fizzy, get carbonated water and add a piece of fruit for a bit of flavor. Lemon, lime, peach, cherry, whatever flavor you like.
Unsweet tea is always good or mix your lemonade and tea and have an "Arnold Palmer".

Old 06-07-2014, 04:57 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
Unsweetened almond milk is really good and comes in different flavors. It has 30 calories in a cup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss