Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:47 PM

543 posts, read 943,695 times

Advertisements

I am depressed because of this. I am 5'9 and weigh 54 kilos(119 pounds) at age 28. My ideal weight should be 70 kilos which is 15 kilos(30 pounds) from now. What do I do?
Is it my depression and the chemical imbalance? I rarely bother to eat lately. Today went whole day without food. My father and his mother have hypothyroidism. Could it be that? I am weaker than a 12 year old girl I kid you not.

Please motivate me or guide me. Some say eat paleo, others emphasize on red meat, others say fruits and nuts and milk. What is it? What's worse is my face is fat and the fat content is actually high in my body. I have a bulging tummy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 08:51 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,074,084 times
How is it possible to eat and eat and still go a full day without eating? Did you sleep all day?

Old 10-27-2014, 08:58 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
You have to consume calories, and track those calories. If you want to gain 30 lbs, don't make it all fat, start working out. Eat 2800-3200 calories a day and workout, you'll get big, but you have to make it a lifestyle and not skip. If you don't do this the only way you will gain weight is the unhealthy way, which is by gaining fat, although your body could probably use 10-15 lbs of fat anyways, seeing as how small you are.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:45 PM

28 posts, read 49,353 times
You could have Graves / hyperthyroid. I had this and could eat like a truck driver 4 large meals a day plus snacks and lost weight. Am 5.9 and went down to 110 lbs. You really need to get your TSH count pulled and antibodies for graves done as well asap. I have severe osteoporosis already because of being so underweight for those 3 years I was really sick.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:50 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
You're just not eating enough, imo. You say you eat all the time, but under the same breath, say your haven't been eating, and go an entire day without food.

See a physician/s.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:43 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
I am depressed because of this. I am 5'9 and weigh 54 kilos(119 pounds) at age 28. My ideal weight should be 70 kilos which is 15 kilos(30 pounds) from now. What do I do?
I am sorry, I don't know you from your previous posts. Are you man or a woman?
I am 5'8" and at your age, till about 40's my weight was between 52 and 55 kg, and I was not skinny looking at all. I guess, it's all about your build. Person with small frame looks ok with that weight.
Now, as I got older I weight more, but never over 60 kg.
For a man you are underweight. And you are right, you need to weight about 15 kg more. YOU are depressed that you weight so little, and you don't bother to eat.
When was it last time you had a physical exam? What your doctor think about it? Are you going to gym? Are you eating healthy, or very low cal diet?
Do you have eating disorder? It sounds like - one day you eat... and eat... and eat... and another you don't eat anything.
Maybe you should count your calories for a week, and write down what you ate and when. It will help you better understand your weight problem.
http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/calorie_counter.asp
Try one of those charts. See which is best for you to use:
http://goo.gl/8XunVV

Quote:
What is it? What's worse is my face is fat and the fat content is actually high in my body. I have a bulging tummy!!
Besides of possible genetic build, you could be sick: Celiac disease, acid reflux and dyspepsia, or intestinal problems could be a cause.
One more reason to visit a doctor.

Diet and Weight loss is an appropriate forum for this thread.

Last edited by elnina; 10-28-2014 at 03:59 AM..

Old 10-28-2014, 04:33 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
talk to some one professional in this field. I think better to visit a doctor and take a check up instead of eating and eating or not eating and not eating.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
talk to some one professional in this field. I think better to visit a doctor and take a check up instead of eating and eating or not eating and not eating.
Yes, I agree with this opinion.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:32 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
See a doctor and get a professional's opinion.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:42 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
I eat and eat and eat and cannot gain weight.

I rarely bother to eat lately. Today went whole day without food.
This is one of those threads that will go nowhere without the participation of the OP. If this is important to you, you need to make sure to stick around and answer the questions people will have for you in order to help you.

Now, with that being said, how is it possible that you can "eat and eat and eat...." but yet you also "rarely bother to eat..."?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss