Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,012 times

Advertisements

I my name is Cynde and this is my first post. I started my food choice journey about 6 months ago. Doing a lot better in my food choices with room for improvement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 12:01 AM

11,149 posts, read 6,073,906 times
A diet plan doesn't have a time limit. It's a life long lifestyle change. It is hard at first (ask any addict how hard it is to break a habit) and it is a habit as well as an addiction. To make things much harder, everyone else is eating crap all around you and they make out that you are odd. My sister in law tries to coerce young kids into eating more cake! Restaurants and fast food outlets become no-go zones (some restaurants do actually have healthy food on their menu - it's just hard to find!)

Old 04-22-2015, 12:59 AM

4,493 posts, read 5,015,700 times
I've been on a diet since April 10 and have lost 10 lbs.
I started that 3 day military diet, then transitioned into the Dukan.
it has changed my food choices and challenged my willpower. These past weeks with no sugar and carbs has also changed my habits of eating out with friends..I just don't do it anymore. Too much temptation.
This diet change and Yoga has really transformed my appearance and way of choosing how and what to eat.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:54 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,579,809 times
I have lost 20 lbs. in 9 months and I will always have room for improvement. I have not yet learned to love vegetables over cookies. I do like vegetables, but I LOVE cookies. I hate fruit. I don't eat it. I am counting calories and shooting for 1400 per day but it usually ends up around 1700.

I spend a lot of time with church friends, which means a lot of pot lucks, going out, dinners at home with things like funeral potatoes! (Yumm!), so it definitely is an effort that must be made daily.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:39 PM

4,593 posts, read 5,486,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I have lost 20 lbs. in 9 months and I will always have room for improvement. I have not yet learned to love vegetables over cookies. I do like vegetables, but I LOVE cookies. I hate fruit. I don't eat it. I am counting calories and shooting for 1400 per day but it usually ends up around 1700.
Awesome!!

I feel you on the cookie thing. I LOVE Double Stuf Oreos. LOVE them. Its like everytime I go to the market they are on sale and set up in special areas of the store for easy viewing. I never get them though but each and every time Im like "Oooooooooo........mmmmmmmmm.........."

Im pretty good about veggies, and learned to like them mixed with my protein shakes. HATED brussel sprouts my entire life, now I eat 3-4 each day blended in to my Whey/Almond Milk shake.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:42 PM

123 posts, read 261,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Awesome!!

I feel you on the cookie thing. I LOVE Double Stuf Oreos. LOVE them. Its like everytime I go to the market they are on sale and set up in special areas of the store for easy viewing. I never get them though but each and every time Im like "Oooooooooo........mmmmmmmmm.........."
I love Oreos too. BTW...I heard they're bringing back Hydrox (for those of you who remember those).

But according to this article, these cookies aren't helping any of us... http://snip.ly/T67m

Old 04-25-2015, 12:19 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,131,612 times
I have been trying to be better about allowing the crap to tempt me. I eat pretty a pretty healthy diet, but every so often I do indulge. Thankfully, there are a lot of things I just don't like...soda, ice cream, commercial baked goods, chips (except tortilla, gotta dip something into the guac!). I'm also allergic to beef and pork (no burgers, BBQ, bacon..etc).

Ha...you'd think I was a bean pole but I'm not.

I still like sugar and half-and-half in my coffee and I drink roughly 3 cups a day...and I LOVE my wine. Most nights I have wine with dinner. If I could cut out those two things I'd probably lose the last 10-15lbs but I decided to add more exercise..just joined a new gym that I really am enjoying.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:28 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,446,613 times
Today I am 26lbs lighter than I was January 1st. My waist is 8 inches smaller, thighs 4 inches smaller and hips 6 inches. I'm happier, healthier and fitter than I've been for a long time.

I follow the Intermittent fasting diet 5:2 and I exercise 4-5 times a week and walk at least 7 miles every day (I have a fitbit which challenges me to do more)

I have cut sugar and processed food out of my diet, I eat fresh home cooked food just about every day with lots of fresh steamed vegetables, salads and healthy protein. I still like a glass of wine but only once in a while as alcohol interferes with the metabolism and I'd rather my body be given the chance to burn calories than store fat.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:51 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,604,976 times
I'm down 14 pounds since March 25th. Using My Fitness Pal (CICO) and fitbit. All I do is track caloric intake and output. No restrictions on what I eat. Just making sure to weigh and measure portions and eat at a deficit. I actually feel like this makes sense and is sustainable in the long term.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:01 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,690,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
I'm down 14 pounds since March 25th. Using My Fitness Pal (CICO) and fitbit. All I do is track caloric intake and output. No restrictions on what I eat. Just making sure to weigh and measure portions and eat at a deficit. I actually feel like this makes sense and is sustainable in the long term.

YES!! Myfitnesspal is a great tool for weight loss! I have lost 40 lbs so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss