Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:37 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,564,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Half the reason I've had a horrible time losing weight is because my husband was never on the same page. He was always of the belief that you could exercise the weight off, and he wouldn't give up breads and junk food for anything. I tried his way, became a runner, getting up at 5:30 a.m. to run 2 1/2 miles every day before work, 4 miles on Saturdays. Did it for six years and ruined my feet and knees. Weight never really stayed off. Say whatever you want about discipline and willpower, it's effing HARD to eat healthy when the other people in your house don't want to.

FINALLY since we've turned 50, he's found he can't exercise the weight off anymore. We agreed to do 10 days of no wheat, refined sugar or potatoes. He lost so much weight and felt so much better, he's finally a believer and I'm down 20 lbs and counting.

I hope your boyfriend continues to support you. It really is a huge help to have real support at home. Just remind him that you being thinner and healthier pays off for BOTH of you (wink).
Im glad that your husband finally went on board with the healthy livestyle and now you both are losing weight! Keep it up Lori!

I gotta say im relieved that my SO said yes to this, i know that i have been behaving so bad in the eating department since we started going out (we have been together for 1 year and 3 months, living together for 6 months), and he had too. You know when you are with someone, are happy, and start indulging? we love to be indoors and watch tv series/movies, thats like our dream weekend. So we do, and while watching this series/movies we EAT things like ice cream, brownies, chocolate, etc, etc. My bf haves a sweet tooth, and of course i love sweets, so, what gives?

But the truth is that when i lived alone, i didnt eat much sweet. I wasnt addicted to it, i always preffer (still do) salt food than sweets. But, since living with him, i let myself go A LOT in that department, and he always make sure to buy chocolate, chocolate cookies, etc, and have them storaged, and he always "surprise me" with brownies, chocolate cake,etc. Anyways, the result of this??

Of the 20 pounds i wanna get rid of, 12 (YEAH, TWELVE) i gained in the last 5 months, since i live with him. The other day i tried to use a jean i used less than a year ago, and IT DIDNT FIT. However, i ve used that jean until last november (wich is usually the time of the year here in when it gets way too hot to use jeans). If im not mistaken, i think i used that jean THIS APRIL and it fit, so im guessing i packed all those pounds REALLY FAST like in the last 3 months.

The other 10 pounds i gained in the lapse of around 4/5 years, and then i go and gain other 10 pounds in 3 months??? NOT GOOD

The good thing is, despite him being thin, he did gain a belly in the last few months indulging together, and he does wanna get rid of that, so i convinced him the best way is LOW CARB.

Today, i started with the difficult task of THROWING OUT all the bad food. Well, he is gonna give them to his pupils and the doormat. I throw out packs of CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies, brownie mix, chocolate bar, etc, and we separated all the pasta and rice: we wont be having it for a long time.

When i told him we could have all the eggs and bacon we want, he seem confused , also he knows the bread is restricted (i didnt throw it out cause he still wants his morning toast, i wont be having it, and its 20g anyway) and the pasta and flour, etc, and he is willing to try. Dont know how long he will last with this. But he is willing to try and he let me throw out all that food out of the house, so we are good for now .

Im excited to lose all this weight and start being healthy again.

September 15 im gonna weight and try those jeans: if they fit ill be really happy and probably adopt low carb as a lifestyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 12:48 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,347,594 times
Good Luck SophieLL!

Like you, my diet has been a struggle since I moved in with my husband. Was never overweight a day in my life before that. But I'm a sweet tooth, he's a salt tooth. Put us together and it's bad news. But with good support to make a change, it's not hard at all. I'll be rooting for you!

Old 08-13-2015, 12:51 PM

88,954 posts, read 85,489,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
You're right. I can not eat one Twinkie. I don't even want one Twinkie. Gross, I never did even like them that much.
LOL, me neither. I did like Ring Dings about forty years ago, but I don't think I've had one since. I wouldn't touch that stuff now. There are better-tasting, high-calorie, high-sugar foods I would choose if I was to want something like that.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:19 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,981,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
You convinced me. Ill start jogging.

Also, im starting a LOW CARB diet after reading this forum
There are fantastic recipes here:

I Breathe... I'm Hungry... - Delicious Low Carb & Gluten Free Recipes

Good luck. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have. I have been doing low carb for a while.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:10 PM

1,109 posts, read 902,967 times
Quote:
Any advice? any success story? I appreciate any help.

I am 5'10" and was up to 225, I know what you mean about weight creep. I am now at 190 and I'm still losing. How did I do it? I retired from work, so I do not eat the large portions of junk food and office junk. Plus, my portions at home are much smaller, and I only have one glass of wine a night, instead of two. I also walk the dogs twice a day. I do not watch my weight, but I only eat smaller portions of what I want to eat.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 809 times
Prior to starting on a diet, you need to make sure that you are fully committed about it.
In other words, you need to have the discipline and the determination to follow through
it, in order to attain your fitness goals. Aside from that, you should also have the right
motivation to stay on track.
Eliminate excuses.
Many people today are not able to start on their diets, since they think that they are not
too overweight, or they put it off for another day. To eliminate your excuses, you should
face your problem head on, and recognize the fact that dieting is one of the solutions for
it. Keep in mind that excuses may also appear even when you have already started;
thus, you need to be prepared for them.Gather as much information as you can.
If you have fully decided that dieting is the way to go in order to lose weight, then you
should gather as much information as you can. When you have the right information
with you, you would receive the right guidance in starting on a diet. Aside from that, you
can also become more familiar of the nutritional facts behind different food items.
[url]www.3weekdiet.com/?hop=thebest102[/url]

Last edited by loseweight3week; 08-14-2015 at 12:30 AM..

Old 08-14-2015, 10:31 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,564,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
There are fantastic recipes here:

I Breathe... I'm Hungry... - Delicious Low Carb & Gluten Free Recipes

Good luck. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have. I have been doing low carb for a while.

Thanks momma bear!!! I WILL pm you if thats ok, i kind of have questions already . And i will read those recipes, so useful, thanks!
Im on my 2nd day of carbs and so far so good, though the "wanting something sweet" part, i can see its gonna be the most complicated

Old 08-14-2015, 03:30 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,981,843 times
Quote:
Thanks momma bear!!! I WILL pm you if thats ok, i kind of have questions already . And i will read those recipes, so useful, thanks!
Im on my 2nd day of carbs and so far so good, though the "wanting something sweet" part, i can see its gonna be the most complicated
You can resist. After a few weeks your taste buds are reset.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:26 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,865,844 times
Quote:
You're 2/3 past the hardest part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss