Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2015, 07:23 PM

565 posts, read 433,512 times

Advertisements

As to the workouts, there are many ways to get fit, but working out once a week, isnt one of them. Personally, ive had great success with p90/p90x workout programs. 6 days a week, 30-60 minutes a workout, and everyday you do something else, which keeps things fresh. Lost 60 lbs in 3 months doing p90x and following included nutrition guide. All in my living room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 10:08 PM

586 posts, read 833,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
If you are not an athelete with tons of muscles, you are quite overweight. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Sorry, I just had to respond to this. I had too much time on my hands and just had to pull up the bmi calculator and based off her height and weight it gave me 24.2, which is on the higher end of normal.

However, I agree with others. If she goes on eating a bowl of cereal every night, its going to catch up to her real soon..

Old 10-26-2015, 12:04 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,446,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
Sorry, I've been away a while but I have read all the posts and comments. As hard as it may sound, no woman wants her man/husband to comment on her weight. We all would think that our men should/would love us the way we are as well as desire us the way we are. Yes, I gained weight and I liked the way it looked on me. However, my husband didn't. I've caught him looking at thinner, slender women and it bothers me. I guess the reason why I'm having such a problem with this is because my husband and I are trying to save our marriage. I found out about a year and a half ago that he cheated on me with a younger woman. Yes, I was devastated. We've gone to counseling and he's apologized and said it was only a one time thing with a woman he met online.

This morning I showed him some pills that I was going to order and his response was, "why are you looking for a lose weight fast pill when changing your eating habits and exercising is the way to do it?" Shoot me for trying. He even made mention last night to point out my eating habits.

He cooked spaghetti for dinner
and 5 minutes after taking my plate to the kitchen I walked back in the room with a bowl of cereal. I'm t trying. I go to the gym 1 day a week but it's just hard to drop weight. I've asked him to loose weight with me and his response is that men loose weight much faster than women so he didn't want me to get upset when he started to drop weight faster than me. He said he would though.
Once again, folks, reading is fundamental. The husband cooked spaghetti for dinner. She didn't cook up a big pot of carbs and meat, he did. The husband is the one bashing her for even trying something, like pills. The husband is the one who cheated on her!

Do ANY of you have any idea what it's like to try to be healthy - physically and emotionally - in that kind of an environment, with no support, no encouragement, no love?

I'll bet not. The OP didn't come here for diet tips.

Last edited by MoonBeam33; 10-26-2015 at 01:29 AM..

Old 10-26-2015, 04:53 AM

161 posts, read 105,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Once again, folks, reading is fundamental. The husband cooked spaghetti for dinner. She didn't cook up a big pot of carbs and meat, he did. The husband is the one bashing her for even trying something, like pills. The husband is the one who cheated on her!

Do ANY of you have any idea what it's like to try to be healthy - physically and emotionally - in that kind of an environment, with no support, no encouragement, no love?

I'll bet not. The OP didn't come here for diet tips.
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!!!!

Are you blaming the husband for her weight gain? She has constantly said throughout this thread that once she started gaining weight she liked to way it looked. Many of you have commented on the fact that at 100 lbs she probably was unhealthy. I know quite a few people who weigh 100 or 110 lbs and they look absolutely fantastic. They eat just about what they want and are not anorexic looking. This woman chose to put on weight regardless of what her husband thought now she's suffering the consequences for it.

Yes HE cooked spaghetti for dinner but how are we to know that she had a plate full or just a saucer full? After taking her plate into the kitchen she came back with a bowl of cereal. She didn't say an hour later, she said right after she took the plate to the kitchen. He's not shoveling the food into her mouth, she is.

As far as his cheating goes, yes, it's wrong of him but I'm willing to bet you the husband has been telling his wife all along that she was gaining weight and she didn't care. She liked it so she kept on gaining. He didn't just tell her now. And I doubt that they just stopped having sex in the past 6 months. I can't stand it when people say that if a person cheats then their spouse did nothing wrong. That's the biggest crock of bull ever. If your partner is doing something that prevents you from wanting to have sex with them and you've brought it to their attention then who's at fault when one person steps out? She knew he liked slender women but SHE chose to gain weight YET she still expected him to find her sexually attractive. 5 or 10 lbs is one thing but 50% of your body weight is something totally different.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:58 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,283,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!!!!

Are you blaming the husband for her weight gain? She has constantly said throughout this thread that once she started gaining weight she liked to way it looked. Many of you have commented on the fact that at 100 lbs she probably was unhealthy. I know quite a few people who weigh 100 or 110 lbs and they look absolutely fantastic. They eat just about what they want and are not anorexic looking. This woman chose to put on weight regardless of what her husband thought now she's suffering the consequences for it.

Yes HE cooked spaghetti for dinner but how are we to know that she had a plate full or just a saucer full? After taking her plate into the kitchen she came back with a bowl of cereal. She didn't say an hour later, she said right after she took the plate to the kitchen. He's not shoveling the food into her mouth, she is.

As far as his cheating goes, yes, it's wrong of him but I'm willing to bet you the husband has been telling his wife all along that she was gaining weight and she didn't care. She liked it so she kept on gaining. He didn't just tell her now. And I doubt that they just stopped having sex in the past 6 months. I can't stand it when people say that if a person cheats then their spouse did nothing wrong. That's the biggest crock of bull ever. If your partner is doing something that prevents you from wanting to have sex with them and you've brought it to their attention then who's at fault when one person steps out? She knew he liked slender women but SHE chose to gain weight YET she still expected him to find her sexually attractive. 5 or 10 lbs is one thing but 50% of your body weight is something totally different.
Thank you.

My question is: Even IF a 50 pound gain is healthy, where will it end? How much more will she gain?

I don't see anything wrong with the spaghetti, per se. It was the bowl of cereal immediately after.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:04 AM

91 posts, read 119,392 times
Good morning everyone. Let me ask this question.

Yesterday at church our pastor made it a dress down sunday and we were all asked to wear our church related t-shirts. When I was getting dressed yesterday morning I pulled out my t-shirt and my husband asked this question, "who's shirt is that?" I told him it was mine. I'm the type of person who feels that I don't like big t-shirts so when I was purchasing mine, instead of getting an adult medium I bought a child's large. My husband said that the shirt was barely big enough for his year old grand daughter. That made me feel bad because again, he was commenting on my weight. He said t-shirts were suppose to hang and allow for room not be form fitting. I decided not to wear the shirt at all and when we got to church and the pastor saw me he asked where my shirt was. My husband and the pastor are really good friends and when I turned around I noticed that my husband was behind my back and he gave the pastor a look like "she couldn't get in it." I'm worried now that my husband has been telling people about my weight gain.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:13 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,283,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
Good morning everyone. Let me ask this question.

Yesterday at church our pastor made it a dress down sunday and we were all asked to wear our church related t-shirts. When I was getting dressed yesterday morning I pulled out my t-shirt and my husband asked this question, "who's shirt is that?" I told him it was mine. I'm the type of person who feels that I don't like big t-shirts so when I was purchasing mine, instead of getting an adult medium I bought a child's large. My husband said that the shirt was barely big enough for his year old grand daughter. That made me feel bad because again, he was commenting on my weight. He said t-shirts were suppose to hang and allow for room not be form fitting. I decided not to wear the shirt at all and when we got to church and the pastor saw me he asked where my shirt was. My husband and the pastor are really good friends and when I turned around I noticed that my husband was behind my back and he gave the pastor a look like "she couldn't get in it." I'm worried now that my husband has been telling people about my weight gain.
Why would he need to tell people? I'm sure 50 pounds is very noticeable.

The more you post, the less I believe this.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:24 AM

161 posts, read 105,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Thank you.

My question is: Even IF a 50 pound gain is healthy, where will it end? How much more will she gain?

I don't see anything wrong with the spaghetti, per se. It was the bowl of cereal immediately after.
We've grown up in a society where men aren't supposed to answer questions honestly but we chastise them when they lie. This guy is telling his wife what he likes and she's avoiding it and doing what she wants yet she still thinks he should want her sexually. You're so right, how much more weight will she put on to make herself happy?

Old 10-26-2015, 08:30 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,401,621 times
Decide if you want to stay or go. Proceed from there. Nothing you do will change your husband. Losing weight won't fix your marital issues. You are dealing with two separate issues. Deal with them separately. You can stay and lose weight or stay and keep the weight on. You can leave and lose weight, or leave and keep the weight on.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:18 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,506,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
We've grown up in a society where men aren't supposed to answer questions honestly but we chastise them when they lie. This guy is telling his wife what he likes and she's avoiding it and doing what she wants yet she still thinks he should want her sexually. You're so right, how much more weight will she put on to make herself happy?
And again, he's a chunker himself. A size 46 suit is large and unless he is a football player or muscular, he's overweight (whereas she is not!). How much more weight will he put on?

She is not overweight. she within a healthy weight for her height and age and she's getting pilloried. Figures...it's the internet.

Though I don't think she's real either. She's probably male and having a good time with this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss