Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 06:07 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,299,742 times

Advertisements

When that happens, I've been eating out so I normally stop that. It takes a week or so for the weight to go away. Take out /restaurant food has a lot of sodium. Most of my extra weight is water weight at that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 06:24 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,859,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kellogg View Post
I said "lots of nuts." If a handful of raw, unsalted nuts a day keeps hunger away, then go for it. (I have a handful of almonds and walnuts in my oatmeal every day.) If you're sitting in front of the TV grazing on one of those tall glass jars of Planters, you're going to inhale lots of calories before you realize you're "satiated."
Why in the world would you take the jar with you while watching TV? A small handful is nuts is enough. Not only are they filling but they are very healthy.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:28 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,859,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Your ideal weight is 193 lb if you do not do heavy physical work or weightlifting. Added muscle mass warrants a bit heavier weight.
Fasting for a "day or two" only causes damage to your body and leads to nowhere as weight returns back and more.
You need to rethink your diet and reduce food intake. Males respond real well to zero carb or very low carb.
I am presuming you are smart enough to NOT take any sodas, sugar, foods containing flour, yest and too much salt?
Fasting for a "day or two" only causes damage to your body and leads to nowhere as weight returns back and more. False. Fasting for a day does no harm and can help people lose weight.
You need to rethink your diet and reduce food intake. Males respond real well to zero carb or very low carb. No carbs is not healthy.
I am presuming you are smart enough to NOT take any sodas, sugar, foods containing flour, yest and too much salt?Yeast is not a problem.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:31 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,865,844 times
Quote:
Fasting for a "day or two" only causes damage to your body and leads to nowhere as weight returns back and more.
Fasting can be very therapeutic. I did an extended fast last June and turned around some major health issues and have only gained back about 3 lbs and that's just recently with T-giving. I started to eat too much bread over the holiday so I am fixing this by eating just 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast and one for lunch and then I'll be bringing salads for lunch and eating normal but healthy dinners. I'm not a breakfast eater anyway--used to eat it religiously but decided that it's not wise to force myself to eat when I really don't want to all that bad.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:49 PM

1,431 posts, read 917,408 times
Quote:
Your ideal weight is 193 lb if you do not do heavy physical work or weightlifting. Added muscle mass warrants a bit heavier weight.
You need to rethink your diet and reduce food intake. Males respond real well to zero carb or very low carb.
I am presuming you are smart enough to NOT take any sodas, sugar, foods containing flour, yest and too much salt?
Says who?

Old 12-02-2015, 03:53 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,578,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Says who?
Says ukrkoz

Old 12-02-2015, 06:31 PM

4,591 posts, read 5,481,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
When You Notice The Weight Creeping Back on What is the First POSITIVE Thing You Do To Stop It?

I'm at 215 lbs. now and am 6'2" tall with kind of a big frame............. I've been thinking 205 or maybe even 195 at a push. Everyone I've mentioned it to thinks I'd look emaciated at 185 lbs so I don't think I'd push it that far lol.
The very first thing I look at is nutritional intake (i.e., diet). I look at it very very closely for ANYTHING that really is not part of a healthy eating plan.

I am 6' 1" tall and weigh between 175 and 178 pounds. If/when I hit 180lbs, that is when I start to examine my nutritional intake. Trust me, a 6' 2" 185 lb dude does not look "emaciated". The people you know who say this are ignorant and have no idea what they are talking about.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:27 AM

6,625 posts, read 6,588,494 times
When You Notice The Weight Creeping Back on What is the First POSITIVE Thing You Do To Stop It?

Weigh yourself EVERY day. It's easy to gain a few pounds without even noticing, but stepping on the scales will keep you in check encouraging you to cut out any extra calories you've been cheating with, and get you back on track.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:21 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,783,408 times
I have noticed my weight very slowly creeping back up, so I reactivated my SparkPeople account. It's the only thing that really works for me. I lost 10 "menopause pounds" about 5 years ago and have gained about 8 of them back.

I know the culprit is too many nuts (satiating, yes, but also high in calories) and too many sweets. But it's only when I log every calorie that I make myself accountable. Just saying, "I'm not going to eat the nuts or sweets" doesn't seem to work.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:18 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,347,229 times
If I notice the weight creeping back on I just omit wheat, and refined sugar....the weight drops off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss