Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 08:33 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,220,739 times

Advertisements

I think I've gained about five pounds back in recent weeks. Nothing too big, but looking to nip it in the bud there. I think I'm going to fast today and maybe tomorrow as well. I know fasting isn't for everyone, but it works for me in small doses and I never take it to the extremes. After that I think I'll keep a good eye on calorie counting over the next couple weeks and take in less than usual.

I'm at 215 lbs. now and am 6'2" tall with kind of a big frame. The lowest I got to recently was 209 lbs., which I was pretty happy with and am honestly pretty happy just at 215 lbs though I think there's room for weight loss. No idea what my ideal weight is still I had planned to check with my doctor about this, but I just got a new one and am on the waiting list of new patients. I've been thinking 205 or maybe even 195 at a push. Everyone I've mentioned it to thinks I'd look emaciated at 185 lbs so I don't think I'd push it that far lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 08:53 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,431,346 times
For 2 days...not just one...I eat something like this...
an org egg in the morning, that's IT! Well, coffee, with coconut oil.
When I feel a slight hunger pang....a handful of org raw almonds.
Wait....do I need anything else? No.

Later an org apple.

Lunch a protein shake with those Costco frozen blueberries (3 pound for $10!)
and water...not even skim milk.

Almonds later.

Dinner...some chicken and salad...oil is ok...any dressing.
Maybe a steamed vegetable...that's fine.

Alternative snack? One melba toast with one turkey slice.

This gets my stomach back on track that it does
NOT need much.

I have kept 15 pounds off for over 2 months now...doing this twice a week.
Then, when I go out with friends I eat sensibly, but it is not noticed,
I even have a couple of beers.

I have a friend that criticizes me if she notices I am 'watching calories'...I dunno
what her problem is...but,
I act 'normal' when I go out now.. to not have to listen to her comments. Hahaha!

Old 11-13-2015, 08:58 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,594,747 times
Since it is usually wheat, rice or beans that makes me gain, I just cut them out entirely for a week or so.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:40 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,566,807 times
YOU SAID:
After that I think I'll keep a good eye on calorie counting over the next couple weeks and take in less than usual.

This is what you should do. Except that you should keep a good eye on calorie counting for the rest of your life. It's a sad but true fact, that for most, this is what they have to do. I know I will, but hey, I only have about 40 more years lol. I'm so short that I pulled the short straw and I will only ever be able to eat around 1600 calories. It is so easy to take in more than that without even blinking an eye.

Oh, whoops I just became one of THOSE people who start dishing out advice and not answering the question in the thread...

OK, what do I do? I count every morsel, I log it, I overestimate the calories and just very recently, I drink water. Water seems to really help, almost as if it helps flush out those "naughty" calories. Because my average has been around 1700 this week and I'm still losing weight.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:43 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,834,493 times
Eat less, move more.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:45 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,246,272 times
I stop drinking

Old 11-13-2015, 01:09 PM

380 posts, read 654,127 times
Usually the culprit is added oil, so I'm more mindful of that. Contrary to another poster, I up the rice and beans. Both are great for weight-loss because they help satiate. I also up potatoes. Foods/beverages that are terrible for weight loss are oil, alcohol, lots of nuts, and anything else that is very calorie-dense and does very little to fill you up. The key for me is to feel full.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:38 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,936,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kellogg View Post
Usually the culprit is added oil, so I'm more mindful of that. Contrary to another poster, I up the rice and beans. Both are great for weight-loss because they help satiate. I also up potatoes. Foods/beverages that are terrible for weight loss are oil, alcohol, lots of nuts, and anything else that is very calorie-dense and does very little to fill you up. The key for me is to feel full.
Nuts and seeds are very satiating.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:54 PM

380 posts, read 654,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Nuts and seeds are very satiating.
I said "lots of nuts." If a handful of raw, unsalted nuts a day keeps hunger away, then go for it. (I have a handful of almonds and walnuts in my oatmeal every day.) If you're sitting in front of the TV grazing on one of those tall glass jars of Planters, you're going to inhale lots of calories before you realize you're "satiated."

Old 11-15-2015, 06:00 PM

19,100 posts, read 27,685,875 times
Your ideal weight is 193 lb if you do not do heavy physical work or weightlifting. Added muscle mass warrants a bit heavier weight.
Fasting for a "day or two" only causes damage to your body and leads to nowhere as weight returns back and more.
You need to rethink your diet and reduce food intake. Males respond real well to zero carb or very low carb.
I am presuming you are smart enough to NOT take any sodas, sugar, foods containing flour, yest and too much salt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss