Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:03 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,572 times

Advertisements

There's an appetite suppressant in Legion's Phoenix product. I don't recall what it is offhand - GTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 08:02 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Do appetite suppressants work, or not?
Yes, some of them work. Ephedrine, phentermine, bromocriptine...etc.

Quote:
Are there any safe over-the-counter types of meds to take that will suppress appetite?
Ephedrine.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:41 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,479,098 times
Quote:
Do appetite suppressants work, or not? Are there any safe over-the-counter types of meds to take that will suppress appetite? I need something...all I think about is EATING! It's become maddening!

My girlfriend said adderall works good, but that's like a form of speed (ritalin) and you can't sleep on it.

Anyone?
Adderall is speed. Have you heard of amphetamine? That is exactly what it is. It is not over the counter obviously. There are many types and even illegal (non prescription) ones as in methamphetamine (meth). IMO, not a good substance to be taking under any circumstances. Actually any stimulant by definition would curb appetite and not allow you to sleep. That is what it is intended for.

Ritalin is a mild form of speed. They actually give it to kids that have ADD. I never really understood that mechanism.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:58 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Quote:
Do appetite suppressants work, or not? Are there any safe over-the-counter types of meds to take that will suppress appetite? I need something...all I think about is EATING! It's become maddening!

My girlfriend said adderall works good, but that's like a form of speed (ritalin) and you can't sleep on it.

Anyone?
There are prescription meds that help with weight loss but some have fairly unpleasant side effects.

I take Victoza for diabetes and it gives you chest pain and makes you vomit if you overeat. There's a prescription diet drug that's the same medication at a higher dose that's specifically for weight loss. Personally, I wouldn't want to take it. Victoza does help a lot with food cravings, or at least takes the pleasure out of eating.

As far as OTC meds or supplements, I've found that good probiotics greatly decrease my sugar cravings. I'm taking the Sam's club generic version of Align probiotic and noticed that I quit craving sugary things other than fruit as soon as I started taking it regularly.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Cruciferous vegetables. A big leafy greens salad, water-sautéed greens, a big ol' bag of frozen broccoli (steamed). They're filling, nutritious, very low in calories, and have no side effects (well, except for some butt-trumpeting until your body gets used to the excess fiber)

Old 07-26-2016, 05:03 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Fat. Real butter, olive oil, coconut oil. All great appetite suppressants. Saute´ those great green veggies Ms.Mathlete mentioned in one of those fats, eat some protein, and you will be FULL!

Old 07-27-2016, 10:15 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,256,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Cruciferous vegetables. A big leafy greens salad, water-sautéed greens, a big ol' bag of frozen broccoli (steamed). They're filling, nutritious, very low in calories, and have no side effects (well, except for some butt-trumpeting until your body gets used to the excess fiber)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Fat. Real butter, olive oil, coconut oil. All great appetite suppressants. Saute´ those great green veggies Ms.Mathlete mentioned in one of those fats, eat some protein, and you will be FULL!
Excellent, and right on point! I love them to tamp the hunger down! Add a few ounces of chicken or salmon to that, please!

Old 07-27-2016, 04:58 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Make your own:

We Made This Weight-Loss Supplement - Consumer Reports

Old 07-31-2016, 04:22 PM

836 posts, read 774,939 times
I am coming off of 7 weeks of Phentermine. I had heard that it is best to not take it every day, so was able to stretch a 30 day supply to 49 days. Lost 12 lbs over that time, which was good because I took it to break a stall. Now I'm going back to what I was doing before for a couple of months, then maybe I will do it again.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:26 AM

524 posts, read 361,947 times
Drink lots of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss