Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 10:06 PM

7,658 posts, read 4,629,457 times

Advertisements

Everytime you want to snack on something, drop and do 25 pushups. Quick physical exertion can reduce grazing style appetite items.

Milk is another thing that can make you feel full fast, unless you're combining it with lots of sugar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 10:19 PM

1,065 posts, read 600,027 times
Primetene and black coffee.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:50 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,938,349 times
I used Phentermine for a short period of time (3 months). It worked well but I didn't love the side effects (insomnia, shakiness, constipation). I lost around 12 lb. It is not a good long term solution for weight loss but it is good to jump start weight loss and to break bad habits. My understanding is that if you take it long term it can lose its effectiveness.

If you can get established on a low carb, high fat diet while you take Phentermine you should be able to maintain eating smaller quantities of food because high fat diets keep you feeling full.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:56 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,105,789 times
I've lost at least 20 pounds in the last couple/few months. I was up close to 220 only 3 months ago and today I am close to 190.

Been working a newer more physical job, cut out carbs for a stretch of that, did a lot of spiritual (prayer) digging/asking God to help me to a healthier weight. I haven't ate much ice cream, which I LOVE now that I'm trying to maintain my sobriety and cleanness and not relapse on liquor. Strawberry Cheesecake Walmart brand ice cream became like crack cocaine to me after I discovered it a year or so ago , and I have cut it out completely.

I'm grateful today...at this point I am trying to push towards where I would prefer today, a weight of 180lb. Heck, I haven't been in the 170s in probably 20 years (since I was a teenager)...why not push for it?

I just try to stay faithful and make strides day by day, week by week to be more towards my ideal weight.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:03 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,917,074 times
It is worrisome to take pills to lose weight. I know you don't want to hear this, but it's a short term fix that might damage your heart. To the steamed broccoli you could add garbanzo beans (chick peas), baby carrots, walnuts, vinaigrette, even Earth Balance margarine. You can harmlessly eat more than you can hold without injuring yourself. And lose weight.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:21 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,178,641 times
Willpower is best.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:20 PM

433 posts, read 533,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Primetene and black coffee.
"Although research about the connection between caffeine and weight isn't definitive, there are a few theories about how caffeine might affect weight, including:

Appetite suppression. Caffeine may reduce feelings of hunger and your desire to eat for a brief time.
Calorie burning. Caffeine appears to increase energy use even when you're at rest. It stimulates thermogenesis — one way your body generates heat and energy from digesting food"

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/faq-20058459

I "think" it helps me---but, then again, there is the placebo effect---

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=placebo+ef...deos&ia=videos

Old 02-03-2021, 08:30 PM

363 posts, read 287,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

My girlfriend said adderall works good, but that's like a form of speed (ritalin) and you can't sleep on it.

Anyone?

wow. really bad idea. PLEASE be advised, adderall is an amphetamine used to treat ADHD. it is NOT approved for weight loss and can cause serious side effects including psychosis.

also, the most effective way to stop cravings for good is to CUT SUGAR OUT OF YOUR LIFE. it will only be challenging (not difficult) for the first couple of weeks but there are two certainties: you WILL lose weight, and you will NOT end up hospitalized in a psych ward. btw, NOT JOKING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss