Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 01:31 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,160 times

Advertisements

when it comes to cleanup convenience and counter space, what are the pros/cons with using either for blending smoothies. i intend not to use ice at all, as i don't want really cold smoothies. i would only use cold liquids instead. and i intend to use more soft fruits (e.g. berries, bananas) as well as some greens time to time. i have a standard blender, but i hate having to clean up such a big blender for smoothies everytime i make one.

your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 08:25 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,252,207 times
I got an immersion blender for Christmas. I made a Mango smoothie today with frozen mango chunks. It worked very well. Clean up was very easy. Just rinse the blade and cup.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:23 AM

64 posts, read 74,455 times
I have both a Vitamix and a magic bullet. Vitamix works great for chunky frozen stuff, pulvarizes anything. However, I find I use the magic bullet more often for quick shakes on the go. If you're not into blending bulky or hard things go smaller. Can tuck away in a cupboard and doesn't require counter space.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:08 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,252,207 times
I have a bullet type blender too. I like the immersion blender better.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:14 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
I have an hand immersion blender and it will do *anything* including ice.
Practically pulverizes spinach to a dust.

Way easier than a whole blender.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:39 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,606,811 times
An immersion blender works perfectly well so long as you don't use ice or greens. You will burn them out more often than if you were just using them for soups and hollandaise.

If you're using frozen fruit it helps to use enough liquid to thaw them slightly before blending.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:49 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,412,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
when it comes to cleanup convenience and counter space, what are the pros/cons with using either for blending smoothies. i intend not to use ice at all, as i don't want really cold smoothies. i would only use cold liquids instead. and i intend to use more soft fruits (e.g. berries, bananas) as well as some greens time to time. i have a standard blender, but i hate having to clean up such a big blender for smoothies everytime i make one.

your thoughts?
Both Vitamix and Nutribullet are great. Which one you choose really depends on what you are willing to spend. The Vitamix is GREAT. Costs a LOT more than the Nutribullet, but its absolutely worth it because it really is a far superior product. Nutribullet is good as well especially if you arent going to use it to do "heavy blending" and the only real clean up is the cup you will use to blend/drink it.

Either choice is fine, but I personally would get the Vitamix (the extra dollars is worth it).

Old 01-21-2016, 11:56 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Both Vitamix and Nutribullet are great. Which one you choose really depends on what you are willing to spend. The Vitamix is GREAT. Costs a LOT more than the Nutribullet, but its absolutely worth it because it really is a far superior product. Nutribullet is good as well especially if you arent going to use it to do "heavy blending" and the only real clean up is the cup you will use to blend/drink it.

Either choice is fine, but I personally would get the Vitamix (the extra dollars is worth it).
I agree about the Vitamix. You can use it for a lot more than smoothies and it is a superior product. However if you just want to make smoothies go for the less expensive option. Buying a Vitamix is an investment.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:15 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
I have a KitchenAid immersion blender that I use frequently for smoothies. It fits easily into a quart-size measuring cup, and the markings make it simple to measure liquid ingredients. Clean up is a snap.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-28-2016 at 12:23 PM..

Old 12-10-2018, 05:15 AM

1 posts, read 6,308 times
Default Immersion -v- Bullet blenders

Another thing to keep in mind: hot liquids can not go in a sealed blender (like the Bullet-style blenders). In a traditional blender, you have to remove the center of the lid to let the steam out. I own both an immersion blender (to use with my Insta-Pot or, for making hot sauces like spaghetti sauce) AND a bullet blender (for smoothies and cold dips/sauces).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss