Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 11:08 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,561,614 times

Advertisements

a/k/a I've fallen down and can't get up a/k/a I just don't give one flying f---

I just bought new expensive walking shoes and I have zero motivation to use them. My period is coming and I think that's why I want to eat all the sugar. I purposely bought cookies and junk and plan to be naughty at least until Monday. I feel like I'm exhausted and tired of counting calories. It's been almost 2 years. It's not real fun. The thought right now of lacing up my shoes, or eating clean is like, nooo, eff you!! Uggh, I don't like feeling this way. I need a slap upside the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 11:23 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Smack!!!!

Old 04-21-2016, 12:51 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

I just bought new expensive walking shoes and I have zero motivation to use them. My period is coming and I think that's why I want to eat all the sugar. I purposely bought cookies and junk and plan to be naughty at least until Monday. I feel like I'm exhausted and tired of counting calories. It's been almost 2 years. It's not real fun. The thought right now of lacing up my shoes, or eating clean is like, nooo, eff you!! Uggh, I don't like feeling this way. I need a slap upside the head.

Of course you want to each sugar. You are glycogen depleted from low carb eating. Now you are going to go on a 4 or 5 day carbohydrate and fat eating binge. This is one of the many reasons why low carb is not sustainable over the long run.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 04-21-2016 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-21-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Of course you want to each sugar. You are glycogen depleted from low carb eating. Now you are going to go on a 4 or 5 day carbohydrate and fat eating binge. This is one of the many reasons why low carb is not sustainable over the long run.
What the eff are you talking about????? I have never low carb eaten!! Arrrgh, it's things like this that make me want to eat sugar! You must be confusing me with someone else!!!

Old 04-21-2016, 01:22 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Quote:

As far as I'm concerned, all bets are off when Aunt Flo is fixing for a visit. Enjoy a few small indulgences, and then get back on track

Old 04-22-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
What the eff are you talking about????? I have never low carb eaten!! Arrrgh, it's things like this that make me want to eat sugar! You must be confusing me with someone else!!!

Um, there's no reason to be ugly.

Take some responsibility for your own cravings.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Um, there's no reason to be ugly.

Take some responsibility for your own cravings.
How is asking him what the eff he was talking about ugly? He was going around different threads either confusing me with someone else or making crazy assumptions. In another thread, I said the following:

"As far as simply being in a rut, I am currently in one and I even created a post in Diet and Weight Loss about it. I believe that I need to get my mind right. Some evil dark force has entered my mind and told me to eat chocolate pies all the live long day. I need to get rid of that force."

He comes behind me and says:

"The evil dark force is you trying to go low carb for an extended period of time."

THEN, I go into this forum and find that he again says:

"Of course you want to each sugar. You are glycogen depleted from low carb eating. Now you are going to go on a 4 or 5 day carbohydrate and fat eating binge. This is one of the many reasons why low carb is not sustainable over the long run."

It just all really rubbed me the wrong way, and it was very, very annoying.

I will take full responsibility for my cravings: I am having cravings because I love food and sugar, I am about to start my period, I am irritable, and I seek comfort through placing delicious sugary items into my mouth. Then he went and irritated me further, which caused me to want to comfort myself with food and sugar. Those are my feelings and cannot be disputed, as they are feelings. If I get fatter this week because I've been eating my delicious sugars, I promise I will not go around blaming Just A Guy for it. How's that?

Old 04-22-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Then he went and irritated me further, which caused me to want to comfort myself with food and sugar. Those are my feelings and cannot be disputed, as they are feelings. If I get fatter this week because I've been eating my delicious sugars, I promise I will not go around blaming Just A Guy for it. How's that?

Oh bull. You crammed your face full of sugar because you wanted to, not because someone else "annoyed you" JFC.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:43 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
First, stop thinking of food in terms of being "naughty." Food is not virtue. It's fuel for your body. When you eat too much you get fat. When you eat too little you get skinny.

Second, slow down and think very logically about what you're doing and why. You're trying to lose weight and doing so makes you healthier and happier. You're also craving carbs and sugar, probably because of your period. Figure out a compromise you can live with. Eat come carbs and sugar, then throw or give the rest away.

Don't blame anyone else for the choices you make.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:

Go with this below..........sugar craving is very normal. Although, I do believe unbalanced hormones can be a big issue, you may want to do some research on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
As far as I'm concerned, all bets are off when Aunt Flo is fixing for a visit. Enjoy a few small indulgences, and then get back on track
I think other posters missed the real reason..........if you have never experienced PMS, don't comment.

I have to say........getting older sucks......but not to deal with monthly grumpiness has never been something I miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss