Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 11:44 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,144 times

Advertisements

I don't think that people treat me any differently when I weigh more. In fact, they tend to worry about me when my weight gets too low. I lost 30 lbs that I could not afford due to IBS and depression. I was put on a medication prescribed by my psychiatrist and I gained that back plus about 20 more. I am nowhere near fat and I don't care so much about the number on the scale, but it bums me out. I don't like having to buy new clothes because the smaller ones don't fit. I am sure that some of the weight gain is due to some unhealthy habits that I have really got to change. Cutting out soda and beer is a big one due to the sugar and empty calories. Switching to herbal teas instead of coffee might help to, because I do not need to use sugar to make it taste good. I am also bad about not drinking enough water. And exercise. I really need to get up off my *ss and get moving. Maybe it'll help me lose weight, maybe not, but I at least hope that I'll have more energy because I am constantly feeling drained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 10:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
I don't know...

My uncle is a "tall, dark & handsome" type...he's brilliant, successful & popular. He married a woman who even in her younger years was not attractive at all.

But she is a wonderful woman. Bright, outgoing, witty...if you are in a room with her you WANT her to notice you. She's a presence, so to speak.

She's super organized & sincere. She's funny (hysterical, actually) & smiles & laughs all the time. Now, I think my uncle is SO lucky to have HER! They raised 3 great kids & she was there for my grandparents in their final years; a perfect wife & mother.

She is overweight but not in the "curvy" way, more like the "pot-belly" way & she is always the center of attention, from both women & men.

I really hate to say this but I KNOW I've always been able to rely on my looks...even at my heaviest I do put on weight in the "right" places (boobs & butt). I think that now, as I get older this has not served me well in the long run.

Honestly, I'm admiring my adorable aunt much more than "Christy Brinkley's 60-something year old bikini body"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss